Is there a way to connect an old 522 to a Duo Node?

You would need a switch before the node an then run a line from that switch to the 522, but the issue is that Dish won't allow you to have the 522 on the same account as the Hopper. There isn't a way to connect the 522 to the node and get that to work. In order to have a 522 working on the same install, you would also need to have the 522 on a second seperate account.

I was speaking to Dish RV Support tonight, he told my that Dish will now allow VIP units on Hopper accounts.

Get it in writing in a chat. Even that won't be worth much. Such a major policy reversal I would expect to be accompanied by a blaring of trumpets from the heavens and announced in a deep deep voice heard throughout the land.

Dish only allows for a single, purchased ViP 211 on Hopper accounts.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

OK, let's beat this to death. ViP211 or ViP211K, owned, are all that's allowed.

The presumption is that you will use the ViP211 series for tailgating, possibly with a Tailgater antenna. And so you can use it at home, too. We don't know for a fact that this use is "required" and I personally doubt that it is, but just to be safe don't mention tailgating or any lack thereof.

Dish only allows for a single, purchased ViP 211 on Hopper accounts.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys
I am fully aware of that. The CSR told my that this had just changed and asked for R # and S#, which I did not have handy. He was ready to activate the unit.

I am fully aware of that. The CSR told my that this had just changed and asked for R # and S#, which I did not have handy. He was ready to activate the unit.

By all means, let us pursue this. Let us know what happens if you decide to try it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts