Is there a way to force the HD version?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgreenpc

Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I want to be able to dial in HistoryHD and not the normal History Channel. I have set up my favorites and have even unselected the SD version, but it would appear I must be missing something as I can't seem to get the HD version directly.

If i do dial in History and then scroll up once and back then I get it just fine.... any thoughts?

Yes get the HR20. By keying in the channel number with the H20 you get the SD channel. With the HR20 you ge the HD channel. Other then that just use your guide to select the channel.

Yes get the HR20. By keying in the channel number with the H20 you get the SD channel. With the HR20 you ge the HD channel. Other then that just use your guide to select the channel.

Buying 3 HR20s isn't practical, and the 2 -100s are being used with Vista Media Center.

I know that I can't record HD, but the signal from the HD channels dounconverted looks significantly better than their SD counterpart.

The H20-600 will go to the hd channel, but not with the current national software. The newest beta software version will. There will be a new national one soon enough that will do it.

When?

It will also hit the 100's.

I've got the H20-100 and have the same problem. I tried to download the CE and it didn't work. When will I be able to get a software fix, either through a CE or a forced download?

I've got the H20-100 and have the same problem. I tried to download the CE and it didn't work. When will I be able to get a software fix, either through a CE or a forced download?

I don't think there is a CE currently scheduled. Check the CE forum for updates.

There is no CE for the 100 that has it yet. D* will most likely have this feature for all their H20 models. They won't have a feature for one and not the other as it would cause many customers to be angry if they had one of each and they were not the same.

Just wait a little bit longer.

There was a CE for the H20-100 on the evening of the 5th and 6th of October. For whatever reason, it didn't take on my unit. BTW, what does "soon enough" and "wait a little bit longer" translate to in earth time?

There was a CE for the H20-100 on the evening of the 5th and 6th of October. For whatever reason, it didn't take on my unit. BTW, what does "soon enough" and "wait a little bit longer" translate to in earth time?

You will have to wait and see. :D Seriously, it shouldn't be long. A GUESS would be a couple of weeks or so.

I want to be able to dial in HistoryHD and not the normal History Channel. I have set up my favorites and have even unselected the SD version, but it would appear I must be missing something as I can't seem to get the HD version directly.

If i do dial in History and then scroll up once and back then I get it just fine.... any thoughts?

When you search for a program to record, it gives both the SD or HD select for example: "Boston Legal" HD. It will have dates times for both versions, make sure you select the "HD" channel based on your market if it's local or if national, usually the first channel is the HD, and the second is the SD.

This would be for HR20-700S. When searching programs to record via remote it doesn't matter if you have a customized program guide, it will show all programs for all channels, including DirecTV Video On Demand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)