Local HD station has no picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underscore

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
ABC in Baltimore isn't showing any picture. Sound is fine. No issues with my other locals.

Anyone ever see this before?

Problems on all new HD channels

I've been having intermittant problems on all my HD channels on the new bird. ESPNHD is showing a blank screen right now.

I was having a no picture/on sound on HD locals problem on an install today. There was not a searching for satellite signal message or a channel not purchased message. I was 100% certain it was not a signal issue so I had the CSR deactivate and reactivate the receiver and then did a reset and that took care of the problem.

I had reset my receiver, but no luck.

However, it was fine the next evening.

I have been having these problems intermittently as well with my local HD channels here in Boston. They have even gone on and off while I'm describing the problem to the case management group at DirecTV. I get strong signals on the 99 transponder so not sure really what the problem is.

I have noticed a black screen on several recorded programs. I then noticed fox was black. Then I saw the same with msnbc. I heard audio. In one case the picture froze. Then I tried to change channels ang og back. It was black. In these cases if I waited, it would stay black, hours. I tried something and it seems as it works but may be coincidental. I went to the guide menu and to the far left. I clicked on the channel then the one aboove it and back and forth about 2 time and the picture would re-appear. I have strong signals.

I don't like missing Survivor!
I have the hr20.
Should this be moved to a different tiltled thread since what I understood was a local issue also is encountered on regular channels?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts