Is there a way to get out of contract?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
A lady my mom helps just got Direct TV. They said they really thought they said that she could get the local channels but you can't get them here. They just aren't that thrilled with it. They have only had it a couple of days. Is there any trial period or anything?

A lady my mom helps just got Direct TV. They said they really thought they said that she could get the local channels but you can't get them here. They just aren't that thrilled with it. They have only had it a couple of days. Is there any trial period or anything?

Have them call back, I think you have at least a week, but I can't be sure, maybe one of the D* employees here can help you with that.

You didn't say where they were, did you check to see if locals are available ?
They will be turning on a lot more locals soon, once the new sat gets turned on.
Try here:
DIRECTV - Local Channels

Jimbo

I'm pretty sure when i was installed here in Tulsa a few months ago - it was just three days before i was locked in ... however long it is - I'd call them asap.

It could well be different from state to state ... but I would call to be certain.

Yeah locals aren't available here. I knew this and they told me it was going to be Dish. I don't think they knew what they were really doing and in all honestly the retailer they went through sounded super shady to me. This lady had my mother call for her and my mother says she doesn't really have anything to do with it other than having called them for her. She usually takes care of stuff like that. I think the lady just is a little dissapointed. I can't say I didn't tell them so but at the same time I feel sorry for them and wouldn't mind seeing them get out of it. I think Dish would have been a way better option for them and cheaper too. They did it to save money but they were only going to save money for the first year then it was going to be more than their cable. With Dish they could have saved money the whole time and gotten the locals. For what they needed Dish offered a better package but I think they thought they were getting Dish.

Were are they located?

Aslo really once said and done with the nickles and dimes; Dish is NOT all that much cheaper if at all.

Cancellation in most areas is only 3 days.

That said, if they can't get out, DirecTV is adding MANY markets, both SD and HD, in the next few months with the added capacity of D11.

I think Dish is better for them. Not saying it's better or cheaper just better for them as for what they want it would be cheaper and have locals. However I think they are getting slightly more with DTV and only not the locals they want and a bunch they probably don't need but it's also costing them more. I like both DTV and Dish and think each one fits each others needs but they could have gotten it a little cheaper and had locals with Dish.

That being said I have Dish and am happy with it but I wouldn't hesitate to switch to DTV either if for some reason something happened with Dish. DTV has a few HD channels I want that Dish doesn't but Dish has the locals and I've just been a subscriber with them for a while and been happy and had no reason to switch.

A couple ways to get out of the contract.

They call up to say that they are moving overseas or to Canada or Mexico, its best to have an address in any of these locations so that a final bill can be sent there.

Account holder dies and the contract becomes null and void though D will require a death certificate.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts