Is there a way to know what's the maximum TX ERP for ATSC 3.0 Vs ATSC 1.0?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I believe that the FCC will allow the same power level for either 1.0 or 3.0.

ATSC 3.0 has modulation characteristics that can be chosen by the licensee. For instance, 25 mb/s will have the same signal to noise ability as 1.0.

it is more likely that station will choose a variety of modulation schemes for multiple services. A useful combination would be mobile video with a low s/n ratio providing audio and low resolution video that can be tied to higher resolutions. This would mean that the audio could continue even if the video were to freeze or stutter.

Reactions: N5XZS
Just a little clarity on OFDEM or COFDEM "ATSC 3.0" Vs 8VSB "ATSC 1.0".

From what I understand that ODFEM or COFDEM modulation is more sensitive to impulse rf noise floor might result more rf juice?

Just curious.:)

ATSC 3.0 has two significant advantages over traditional OFDM as used in European DVB-T transmissions. In fact, DVB-T2 was developed by the IBU to take advantages of new technology to improve the noise performance of DVB-T. ATSC 3.0 is based on the modulation advantages of DVB-T2, but using IP encapsulation.

Impluse noise in ATSC 3.0 is significantly reduced by time interleaving of the data. ATSC 3.0 also uses low density parody checks (LDPC) to improve the s/n performance for both white noise and impulse noise.

In my opinion, ATSC 1.0 performs poorly with impulse noise, so 3.0 should be a vast improvement.

As with any rf signals, narrow bandwidth signals out distance wide band ones using the same power all things being equal.
However, the ATSC 3.0 OFDM format should compensate for this slight disadvantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)