Is there a way to record every game your favorite team plays?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 20, 2006
My dad got the latest offer with free MLB and NFL. He is 67 and I was hoping to help him record every Cubs game (no Cubs jokes).

I am pretty sure he will have to set it each game but I wondered if anyone here knew how to set the Genie to do something like that.

Thanks

Do a keyword search with Cubs. That should get him a list of every game. It could also get him some nature programs!

so there is no way to set it and forget it? you can't record all cubs games like you can a tv series right? thanks

Yes, there is a "set it and forget it" way of doing it but, I'm not an expert at it. Do a search for "Bollean Search" on this site and you should find what you are looking for. I did one for my Mets last year and it works great. The only thing it didn't do was give me all the pre-season games. You'll need to do one for each channel that your team plays on. Example the Mets play on SNY, WPIX, Fox, ESPN & MLB. The searches in the above posts won't get you just the live games; they'll give you everything from re-plays to documentaries. Good luck.

I have booleans set up for Cubs on my hr24:

AALL CUBS EVENTS LIVE CCHANS 2 209
Same for CCHANS 307 and a third as CCHANS 665 667

Gets all but the ones on WCIU which you'll have to use the away feed for and schedule manually.

Intentionally avoid 213 as their games are always duplicate.

Make sure after setting the keyword search to select sports and baseball and add three hours to end time for rain delays.

so if I understand it right for the Twins it would be

AALL TWINS EVENTS LIVE CCHANS 668??

(The Twins have only 4 games on Big Fox and NONE on FSN North +)

I just set an autorecord for the keyword PACKERS and it pretty much records anything with the Packers on any station. It can get sketchy with NFLST/Local blackout rules, but otherwise works pretty well. Should work just the same for baseball.

That wont work properly for baseball as there are 2 feeds usually. The reason I asked is I noticed my stepdad did that for the Twins games (just a keyword) and most of the games show to be recorded on the opposite teams feed for some reason

If you are asking "automatically", I think the answer is NO. You can search then look at the list and with some knoeledge of who's the home team and which announcers you want and which ones might be blacked out - pick out your game and manually set it to record. Usually you can do this 3-7 days before the game. This years games which start on Monday still do not have my team's HD channel set yet. 2 days before! This little known BS from DTV happens every year. Why in the world you just cannot set up a series recording for your team for the season shows that DTV cares little about their customers. No news here.

I tried that and it worked fine. Shows 7 games set to record and all are on FS North

Thanks for the info!

Many baseball & football games run over their scheduled time. Is there anyway to record the games in their entirety?

If you are asking "automatically", I think the answer is NO. You can search then look at the list and with some knoeledge of who's the home team and which announcers you want and which ones might be blacked out - pick out your game and manually set it to record. Usually you can do this 3-7 days before the game. This years games which start on Monday still do not have my team's HD channel set yet. 2 days before! This little known BS from DTV happens every year. Why in the world you just cannot set up a series recording for your team for the season shows that DTV cares little about their customers. No news here.

You figure D* doesn't care about you over THIS ?

There are much more important things that D can address before how to record ALL your games at once.

Last edited:

I'd add the plus channels too, if the NBA/NHL teams make the playoffs you'll find the Twins will likely get bumped to the alternate feed. NHL playoffs will be even later this year.

For the Tigers I use CCHANS 17 209 (gets local fox and ESPN) and 663 665 (gets FSNDT and FSNDT+ 664-1). Setting it for 665 hasn't recorded any Chicago feeds as it defaults to the lowest channel number.

I'm not worried about the Wolfies making the playoffs ;)

The issue with FSN North + is its not a specific channel (since it officially started last year) like FS Detroit +. They use the "RSN ALT" channels. So it may be 652 (normally) but can be 657, 658 or 685. If we get to that bridge with the Wild I'm sure I can set a one time recording for the twins :)

I'd add the plus channels too, if the NBA/NHL teams make the playoffs you'll find the Twins will likely get bumped to the alternate feed. NHL playoffs will be even later this year.

For the Tigers I use CCHANS 17 209 (gets local fox and ESPN) and 663 665 (gets FSNDT and FSNDT+ 664-1). Setting it for 665 hasn't recorded any Chicago feeds as it defaults to the lowest channel number.

Why would you set it for 665 ?
FSN Detroit is 663 and 664 ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts