Is there an advantage to DVR advantage?

I didn't have the locals package because I got all local OTA in HD, but didn't have Guide info on them. With DVR Advantage, I got the locals with guide info for a little over $1. Well worth it for me! Does anyone know how much is saved on Premium packages with DVR Advantage?

The savings are $3.98 per month, and each premium channel is an additional $10 per month.

You have to extend your contract for 18 months or agree to autopay with a credit card.

The savings are $3.98 per month, and each premium channel is an additional $10 per month.

You have to extend your contract for 18 months or agree to autopay with a credit card.

That's true for existing. To be clear, the DVR Advantage no longer requires new customers to sign up with an 18 month agreement or autopay.

My upgrade from an owned 721 and 2 311s to a VIP722 and 2 VIP211s basically cost me 15$ more a month after all was said and done, and that includes DishHD.

Needless to say, DVR Advantage worked out pretty damned well for me... :)

If you are currently paying a DVR fee (SD or HD DVR that requires one), you can switch to DVR Advantage. I do not know if the 5$ upgrade/change rule applies, or if there are contractual requirements. As far as I know, unless you use Dishin-It-Up, you will not be put into a contract to change to DVR Advantage.

You should ask to make sure, but I believe this to be how it works. Your first DVR would be covered (without fees).

It has nothing to do with your time you've been a customer. New customers can get DVR Advantage too.

I just signed up for the DVR Advantage. I didn't want to sign up for auto pay, as I don't always have enough money in that account to cover the cost, so I had to sign another 18 month contract. I also upgraded to the 200 package for 10 more bucks a month.

I just need to cancel my 501 receiver as I don't use it anymore, and it's 10 bucks I'm just throwing away.

Am I reading the info on the signup page right? Does Dish HD package qualify as one of the premium packages that are only $10 each? If so this would save me $10 more right there. Am I missing something? This seems like the biggest discount of all.

Am I reading the info on the signup page right? Does Dish HD package qualify as one of the premium packages that are only $10 each? If so this would save me $10 more right there. Am I missing something? This seems like the biggest discount of all.

No, DISH HD is a $20 add-on, and is not included as one of the $10 premiums available. Those would be, HBO, CineMax, Showtime, Starz, and Playboy.

The DVR Advantage Promo saves $3.98/mo on AT200 or above, but only $0.98 with AT100.

Well this is what I see when I click on the sign up for DishDVR Advantage from my account page on dishnetwork.com. At the bottom it shows DishHD under the premium packages.

Attachments

• dvradvantage.jpg
    dvradvantage.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 256
I know that you can sub to top 250 for 10.00 more , or any premium movie pack to for 10.00 but the hd pack is always been $20.00 . IF you look it says save $10.00 per pack if you sub to 2 of the following programming packs . So you have to sub to two and it will cost you 20.00 to do that. This is one of my biggest complaints about the dvr advantage interface on the website; It is to confusing. They should of just said it this way

top 100 for 39.99 (you save .98 cents)
*add hd for 20.00 and / or add premiums for $10.00 each when you combine two or more.

top 200 for 49.99 ( you save $3.98)
* add hd for 20.00 and / or add premiums for 10.00 each when you combine two or more.

top 250 for 59.99 ( you save $3.98)
* add hd for 20.00 and/ or add premiums for 10.00 each when you combine two or more.

Simple and to the point with little confusion. This should be the way they present it instead of pop ups that add to the confusion.

The way it was explained to me is that the DVR Advantage is actually for the Top 200. I have AT250 and on my bill the HD programming and premiums shows up as HD plus 3 premiums costing $50. ($20 for HD + $10 for each premium)

Now.... I only HAVE 2 premiums. HBO and Cinemax. So I called and asked why I was being charged for 3 and should I be choosing another?

They told me that one "premium" was being used to upgrade the DVR Advantage to the AT250 (from AT200).

Well I agree the DishHD package is usually $20, but in the screen capture I posted it clearly says the following at the bottom.

"As a DishDVR Advantage customer, you can receive special savings when you subscribe to two or more of the following premium programming packages for just $10 each:

America's Top 250 Bonus Pack | HBO | Cinemax | Showtime | STARZ | Playboy | DishHD Programming "

Well, the first 6 months of DISH HD is free, so by the time a customer figures out it's $20 instead of $10 for DISH HD, DISH can just deny it and say the customer misread the order form.

I've never seen anyone be able to get DISH HD for $10/mo instead of $20 just by subscribing to a movie package. In fact that wouldn't make sense, because anyone with DISH HD could just get a premium package for free. The graphic is apparently a typo. It may be worth your while to call them on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)