Is there any analog on Ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhulst

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
Probably not but figured it was worth asking. Summit Source has the NextWave receivers for cheaper than the going price on a VBox, and it has a polarizer controller as a bonus. Gonna fire it up tonight and make sure it works. Hope it does, because my two-year-old demolished the packing material.

$20 to buy, and $30 - $40 to ship?
Think ya could've done better on a Vbox.

edit: $40 shipped for a Vbox7 on another site.
(I do not offer an opinion about Vboxes, only the Gbox)

Last edited:
they're heavy buggers

No kidding! It's built like a bloody tank.

I bought it from Summit Source's website, not from eBay. It was $35 for the item and about a $10 upper to the shipping on the other items I was buying. So, it's about in line with a VBox. The VBox would have been nicer from the standpoint that it responds to DiSEqC, but the fact that the Nextwave also has the polarizer controller was the clincher for me. I realize there's a little risk with something that's so old, but I'll go ahead and roll the dice. The unit was definitely pristine, so my only real worry would be aging of the electrolytic capacitors after they have sat so long.

Regarding the lack of DiSEqC, my hope is to whip up an infrared transmitter for my PC someday and use that to drive the receiver. I'll get around to that, eventually ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts