Is there any interest in old receivers?

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Like the title says, any interest in, or market for old receivers?

From my thread over the last couple weeks, I have a 622 in need of a HD, plus working 508 and old 2700 & 4500 (the last two model numbers might be wrong).

I hate to just toss them...

Ditto what the others said. The 622 may be worth something to somebody via Ebay or Craigslist. Dish doesn't buy anything back. The other receivers cannot even be activated on an account any more...definitely a doorstop. When Dish is updating a lot of the older receivers, the technician will often discard the receiver for the customer, but we (Dish, I am an employee) don't even want back the obsolete ones, and that includes up to the 508 model (and 301 as the non-DVR receiver).

Dish is working to replace a lot of obsolete receivers, right now, mostly with Eastern Arc accounts, everything is being moved to HD-capable receivers.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

One other question...

I've decided to recycle them, including the 622. Is there an account or security concern with leaving the cars in there, or should I pull them?

Thx!

One other question...

I've decided to recycle them, including the 622. Is there an account or security concern with leaving the cars in there, or should I pull them?

Thx!

As long as they are deactivated from your account there is not a security concern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts