Is there any provider that offers plenty of channels and doesn't drop any?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
It seems like DirecTV and Dish Network and the cable companies do it all the time. I've heard somewhere that AT&T U-Verse doesn't, but don't know if that's true or not. If it is true, I wish it was in my area. Got disgusted with Dish when I went without AMC for four months.

Dropping channels is part of the normal negotiating process where the cable/sat and the content providers decide just how much your bill is going to go up next year.

If a cable/sat company simply accepted the first offer, they would soon become non-competitive because they would be paying more than anyone else for content. The game is annoying, but the alternative is even higher price increases.

Dropping channels is part of the normal negotiating process where the cable/sat and the content providers decide just how much your bill is going to go up next year.

If a cable/sat company simply accepted the first offer, they would soon become non-competitive because they would be paying more than anyone else for content. The game is annoying, but the alternative is even higher price increases.

I wonder if they could put any channels that the content providers who want more money just on via a la carte as a result. That way, they'd get those channel fees covered by those who would want them and avoid dropping them temporarily or even PERMANENTLY. That just gets annoying. Would that maybe work out? Thoughts?

I wonder if they could put any channels that the content providers who want more money just on via a la carte as a result. That way, they'd get those channel fees covered by those who would want them and avoid dropping them temporarily or even PERMANENTLY. That just gets annoying. Would that maybe work out? Thoughts?

The channel providers dictate what package they want channels in. They won't go ala-carte because then most of their channels wouldn't make any money.

example YES.. Dish offered to sell it ala-carte, but the Yankees wanted it offered nationwide in the base packages, so everyone had to pay for it, so YES is not on Dish because of the channels greed.

Pretty much each provider has 1 or 2 channels that support the entire channel suite. They use all these extra worthless channels to sell ad time for repeats of their programming.

Directv seems to be better than Dish in terms of national channels

Dish dropped AMC as you noted
Directv and Viacom had a 2 week spat (which most people didnt care about)

Now locals both providers have had issues with the locals because....well the locals want to much money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)