Is there any way to find out launch timetables?

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Nobody I have talked to at AT&T or any of their stores or customer service organizations have any clue as to when U-verse might be available in my neighborhood. Is there any way to find out this information or do you just have to wait it out?

It's just like the hd channel launches, they don't like to announce until it happens.
The sure way to know if you see several AT&T trucks in or around your neighborhood. Ask them as I have found out in the past that they are as reliable as you can get.

That's what I did right before Christmas when I came home for lunch and contractors and AT&T vans/trucks were all over the place.I asked them what was going on.They told me U-verse was coming to our neighborhood.I called the main ATT&T office and they said if it was just starting construction we would be notified when it was ready as she had no info to release.What's funy Northland Cable is coming out Jan. 7th and giving me a new cable and telephone modem to show they appreciate our business.I really wish they would put money into some new equipment at the office and get rid of their 1970's gosh awful analog signal with it's poor quality signal!!!! overtimeman

I signed up to be notified when UVerse get to my neighborhood. Last week I got a booklet in the mail offering me UVerse. So, I went to their site and put in my address and sure enough it said that it was abvailable, so I looked at the various packages. Then, when I clicked on see channel list, it requested my zip code. So, I put in my zip and when I clicked the channels list button, it said that UVerse was not available in my zip code. So, I said F**K Ubverse and deleted the site from my computer.

I signed up to be notified when UVerse get to my neighborhood. Last week I got a booklet in the mail offering me UVerse. So, I went to their site and put in my address and sure enough it said that it was abvailable, so I looked at the various packages. Then, when I clicked on see channel list, it requested my zip code. So, I put in my zip and when I clicked the channels list button, it said that UVerse was not available in my zip code. So, I said F**K Ubverse and deleted the site from my computer.

I went through the same thing when I got U-verse. The ATT web-site leaves something to be desired. It acts like it is using multiple databases, none of them right.

I went to the ATT website when U-verse was rolling out originally and it was not available here, so I put my email address in their database to be notified when it was available. Saw the trucks and a few weeks later, got an email about availability. Went back to site and signed up and had installed a few days later. Have been using U-verse ever since.

I would think that when ATT has a good product on their hands, they ought to do a better job of marketing it. That would include being able to get correct info off their web-site. I signed up not really knowing what channels I would get locally, but thought the 30 day cancel option (at no cost) would let me check it out to make sure I was getting what I wanted in HD. It was, so I kept the services (just Internet and TV, no way for their phone packages here.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts