Brand New BirDog Ultra DEAD

j.wernecke

Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
North Central Kansas
I have owned my Ultra for less than 72 hours and got to use it one time before it crashed. No matter what I do it does not respond. No "Charging" screen, no "Program Mode" screen, nothing. The meter is completely dead. I have checked that the battery is plugged in, I have tried unplugging the battery and waiting 10 seconds and reconnecting the battery and still nothing. I have emailed BirDog and have yet to receive anything.

The meter has not been dropped, or anything. There is no outside reason for it to not work. Are these things really this crappy..... If I have to get it repaired already I'm going to send it back to Perfect-10 and order a Super Buddy 29.

Any ideas......

Thanks,
jww

I have owned my Ultra for less than 72 hours and got to use it one time before it crashed. No matter what I do it does not respond. No "Charging" screen, no "Program Mode" screen, nothing. The meter is completely dead. I have checked that the battery is plugged in, I have tried unplugging the battery and waiting 10 seconds and reconnecting the battery and still nothing. I have emailed BirDog and have yet to receive anything.

The meter has not been dropped, or anything. There is no outside reason for it to not work. Are these things really this crappy..... If I have to get it repaired already I'm going to send it back to Perfect-10 and order a Super Buddy 29.

Any ideas......

Thanks,
jww

Get a Suberbuddy quick. Kthxbai.

Nice post buddy.

Back on topic. Did you charge this thing right? I would think it's a battery issue, otherwise these guys owe you a new BirdDog.

I did exactly what it said 8 hours and it showed charge complete. Took it off uploaded the satellites that I wanted, went outside and hooked it up to my dish outside and everything worked great. It sat on the shelf all day yesterday and when I tried to use it this morning it is a $600 brick. I am waiting on BirDog to email me back, if they say anything about it needing repair or anything like that I'm just sending it back and going Super Buddy 29. I did like 3 weeks of research and decided on the Super Buddy and then my boss said that they could get me a New Ultra for $460. I went that route and this is what happened. I guess I just should have bought what I wanted in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)