Is there any way to fix wrong OTA info?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
One of my channels has incorrect OTA info and while I was on the phone with one of the Dish CSRs (about something else), he said it could be fixed, but I’d need to call back during business hours to reach the right department. Is this true?

By wrong OTA info, do you mean channels that are now sharing the same frequency but have different channel numbers? I have that here in Chicago - a major one is my FOX channel (32) and our CW channel (50) share the same frequency now, so the FOX EPG shows up on the CW channel as well as the FOX. Dish has told me that this situation cannot be fixed - I called support and it sounded like someone who knew something technologically, and he said that the programming guide for OTA is linked based off of channel frequency and some ID. So when the channel frequency changed and is now shared, both channels get the same programming guide. Tech told me there is no way for it to be fixed by the user as that is how their system is built - the frequency numbers to match the correct numbers needs to be updated somewhere else.

Not sure if this is your issue, but the issue I described is a known Dish issue and will only get worst as more channels change frequencies over the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: pattykay
By wrong OTA info, do you mean channels that are now sharing the same frequency but have different channel numbers? I have that here in Chicago - a major one is my FOX channel (32) and our CW channel (50) share the same frequency now, so the FOX EPG shows up on the CW channel as well as the FOX. Dish has told me that this situation cannot be fixed - I called support and it sounded like someone who knew something technologically, and he said that the programming guide for OTA is linked based off of channel frequency and some ID. So when the channel frequency changed and is now shared, both channels get the same programming guide. Tech told me there is no way for it to be fixed by the user as that is how their system is built - the frequency numbers to match the correct numbers needs to be updated somewhere else.

Not sure if this is your issue, but the issue I described is a known Dish issue and will only get worst as more channels change frequencies over the next 2-3 years.
The station that has the wrong guide info is KYINDT2/IPTV2 (PBS Kids) 024-02. It has the same guide info as KYINDT/IPTV1 (PBS) 024-01. KYINDT/IPTV1 (PBS) 024-01 has a frequency of 18.3, and KYINDT2/IPTV2 (PBS Kids) 024-02 has a frequency of 18.4. The stations are located in Mason City, Iowa. Dish has the PBS logo for 024-02, but no logo for 024-01. I don't know if that makes a difference?

Last edited:
The station that has the wrong guide info is KYINDT2/IPTV2 (PBS Kids) 024-02. It has the same guide info as KYINDT/IPTV1 (PBS) 024-01. KYINDT/IPTV1 (PBS) 024-01 has a frequency of 18.3, and KYINDT2/IPTV2 (PBS Kids) 024-02 has a frequency of 18.4. The stations are located in Mason City, Iowa. Dish has the PBS logo for 024-02, but no logo for 024-01. I don't know if that makes a difference?

That sounds like it might be a different issue that what I am experiencing. I don't know the Mason City locals and how their frequencies have changed to know if this is part of the issue.

For the last several months our Fox OTA channel KJTV 34.1 Lubbock Texas, has been showing the guide data for 34.2 instead of the guide data for 34.0.

I've reported it to Dish, they say the station decides, I reported it to the station, they say they reported the correct info to Rovi.

Nothing has changed.

Good luck getting Dish to put the logo on the correct station. Four-and-a-half months after CW moved from channel 55 to channel 43 in Cleveland, Ohio, and Dish still puts the CW logo on channel 55 in the guide. :(

For the last several months our Fox OTA channel KJTV 34.1 Lubbock Texas, has been showing the guide data for 34.2 instead of the guide data for 34.0.

I've reported it to Dish, they say the station decides, I reported it to the station, they say they reported the correct info to Rovi.

Nothing has changed.
It's simple to see who's lying here. Hook up an OTA antenna/go to a friend with cable or Direct and see if they have the same problem. If they see the same thing you do, the problem is with the station. If they have the correct info, the problem is with Dish (and in my mind, it's still Dish's responsibility if they get bad content from their provider).

It's easy for a CSR to say "it's a problem with the station". It gets you off the phone and now you're mad at the station.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)