Is there any way to get a Hopper 3 without a credit check?

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
My brother in law called me up looking for answers as I seem to be the satellite guru of the family, but I'm not knowledgeable in the promotions dish has. They want to get a hopper 3 as a new customer but dont want to do the credit check. They looked at dish but it seems to be really restrictive when it comes to new customers. My advice to them was to get youtube.tv or orby, but is there anything they can do with Dish? They live in a rural area and high-speed internet isn't their thing.

Yep, if he has bad credit, then the only way to go DISH, would be to buy the receiver outright, pay an installer, and prepay.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I dont think bad credit is an issue as they are going to be purchasing a home in 6 months when they move from OKC to Texas. He took a job in the oil fields. I think it's a matter of they dont want the inquiry on their report for the mortgage company. From the sounds of it, it sounds like he's gonna have to purchase it if they want dish. They really want the voice remote and extra tuners. He can do a self-install.

Purchase, or the alternative, he can have someone else qualify and that person would be the account owner and remain responsible for it. The alternative comparison is like attempting to buy a car without a credit check. Options are limited. The credit check is there to assist with financing/promotions, and should one want to skip that part, they still have the option to buy outright.

I dont think bad credit is an issue as they are going to be purchasing a home in 6 months when they move from OKC to Texas. He took a job in the oil fields. I think it's a matter of they dont want the inquiry on their report for the mortgage company. From the sounds of it, it sounds like he's gonna have to purchase it if they want dish. They really want the voice remote and extra tuners. He can do a self-install.
So, if one has good credit, how much does a hard inquiry actually impact one's credit? Chase has a simulator where you can predict the effect of various actions on one's credit score. I tried adding one hard inquiry and it dropped me three points. Three points is nothing.

My brother in law called me up looking for answers as I seem to be the satellite guru of the family, but I'm not knowledgeable in the promotions dish has. They want to get a hopper 3 as a new customer but dont want to do the credit check. They looked at dish but it seems to be really restrictive when it comes to new customers. My advice to them was to get youtube.tv or orby, but is there anything they can do with Dish? They live in a rural area and high-speed internet isn't their thing.

I have a Hopper 3 I’ll sell if he’s interested, it’s practically new, account left in good standing, receiver was owned. I’ll make a good deal, PM if interested.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

He can just purchase one from a retailer besides Dish for less than 250.00. Then he can buy the dish and lnb and install it himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)