Is there any way to view what is on all the Voom channels?

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Hi,

I was trying to view what content was on some of the Voom channels which I can't yet get (until I get a 622 receiver) such as Family Room HD. When I look at the schedule information on Dish Network's site, it doesn't list the MPEG4 HD channels like Family Room HD. I tried going to the Voom site, and it says to go to the Dish site to view the channel information, but then it isn't there. Anyone know how to view a channel guide for these channels?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

I have found two sites that I have to use--one has some stuff and not others, vice versa. Dish programming doesn't even have all the HD channels.

TITAN TV (http://ww1.titantv.com/TTV/Grid/Grid.aspx) has a better, faster refresh grid page and shows details of programming including date and whether it is a"NEW" episode. It shows the HD, as well as local digital stations, but is not up to date on PBS HD digital OTA stations. It has most of the VOOM programming, but no program info for Kung Fu or Film Fest. You can have program reminders emailed to you and lets you set up a favorites list which it also emails to you. VERY GOOD website.

Zap2It (http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/grid.asp?partner_id=national) has program info the Kung Fu and Film Fest above, but NOT World Cinema. It also does not have a user-friendly grid, slow to refresh and no email reminder system. It also does not show the date of the program or whether it is new or rerun.

What I do is set up the Zap2it site for HD only so I can see all the VOOM, including the Kung Fu and FilmFest and then it refreshes more quickly.

I use TITAN TV as my main program guide for everything--as it includes the Local Digitals and shows which programs are in HD. It does omit programming for Kung Fu and Film Fest, but I just click on the Zap2It listings for the HD only.

Certainly is a pain to have to use 2 websites for programming.

If anyone finds one site that shows ALL HD programming info, please post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts