Is there anyway to turn off the new (highly annoying) banner on the VIP612?

I don't recall people using the word "horrendous". For the most part, the term "annoying" was used. And, the people who are annoyed, are rightfully annoyed. To argue otherwise is simply ludicrous.

Nobody said anything about cancelling their subscriptions, or suing Dish. They just want the banners to no longer appear, which is a totally justifiable and understandable desire. Again, to argue the point is simply ludicrous.

So, when I see people defend it, or to imply something is wrong with the complainers annoyance, as opposed to simply stating that it didn't annoy them, sounds like textbook fanboyism to me. Maybe not Dish fanboyism, but corporate fanboyism in general. And, it's that willingness to accept BS from corporations, whether invasions into privacy on the internet, or bank fees for debit cards, or bug-ridden consumer electronics, or whatever crap they come up with next, that leads to more and more of the above, until everything is crap, but we buy it anyway because "it has electrolytes!"

I was going to rail into you regarding your media-esque hyperbolic use of the "fanboy" soundbite until you made an "Idiocracy" reference. Now you get a pass. :D

Banner

You can turn the banner off by going to 1)Preferences 2)Guide Format. There is an option there to turn the Banner on/off and also to set your channel preferences to show HD Only/HD&SD. I like the HD Only because it doesn't show both the HD and SD channels in the program guide. Hope this helps. I'm still looking through the menus to see what else is new.

You can turn the banner off by going to 1)Preferences 2)Guide Format. There is an option there to turn the Banner on/off and also to set your channel preferences to show HD Only/HD&SD. I like the HD Only because it doesn't show both the HD and SD channels in the program guide. Hope this helps. I'm still looking through the menus to see what else is new.

I don't think so......

That only turns the banner in the guide off, that banner takes away a line in the guide if it is on. It doesn't affect the banner on channel changes.

That only turns the banner in the guide off, that banner takes away a line in the guide if it is on. It doesn't affect the banner on channel changes.
which I take as proof dish knows such things irritate a good portion of their customers ... whether they go to the extent of posting on line, or calling dish to complain is another story.. Its a shame that dish doesn't think about such things *before* they do them, or get feedback from customers specifically about changes they make like that.

Its a shame that dish doesn't think about such things *before* they do them, or get feedback from customers specifically about changes they make like that.
do you remember the poll they did about extra fees for GoogleTV integration? I and many others said we would pay $0, and they ignored us all and fee jacked us anyway. Well, some of us never bought a GoogleTV because of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)