Is there anyway to use remote 2 to control the receiver in single mode?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheChemist187

Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Victorville, CA
I have a 722K in my bedroom that is currently in single mode and I would like to keep in in single mode. Next room to me is the exercise room and I have set up a tv there. I ran a cable to there and I selected on the setting so show out in tv 2.

Well I see the image and everything is well the only thing is I cannot change the channel. I would like to set up remote number 2 so I can use it in the other room. Right now I have to put something on and then walk to the next room and if I wanted to change the channel I would have to come back to my bedroom to put something else on or change the channel.

I know I can do this if I put the receiver in single mode but I do not want to do that.

You need to change the tab out at the bottom of the remote from the blue TV2 to the Green TV1. Then set it to the same remote code as your other TV1 remote.

If I understand correctly - you will need to change the tab on the bottom as mike said. You may also need to flip the switch next to the batteries from UHF to IR

Last edited:
I use my TV2 remote all the time in single mode (722K, and my old 622's).

Just need to make sure the address is correct on the system info screen.

I'm a bit confused. If the receiver is in single mode, and both TV1 and TV2 remotes are programmed normally, they should both operate the receiver. If I understand, you may just need to program TV2 remote to the receiver again.

I have a 722K in single mode in my living room. The IR 20.0 remote is on the Green TV1 tab. The IR/UHF PRO 21.0 remote is also on the green TV1 tab and set to UHF Mode. So your 21.0IR/UHF PRO remote needs to be in UHF mode and possibly be repaired with the receiver to be used in a room separate from the reciever which can be done by holding down the 0 button and by removing the battery cover and flipping the switch to UHF.

The 625 both remotes can be used if its in single mode. Stumbled across that today when setting a new TV up at my dad's. Grabbed the TV2 remote in the garage and hit channel up and it changed channels even though its in single mode

Maybe the 722 is different?

Just enable shared view, no need to mess with tabs
Yeah.. you don't need to change the tabs ... that's just a visual que thing... and I prefer keeping my #2 as the way it is ... so that way I know which remote I've walked away with.

I was doing the same as ICEBERG found .. using my 625 with both controls.. but I found I got tired of the batteries dying faster, and the slower response to the remote.. the only thing I could think of was that it wasn't putting out dish codes via IR at all .. rather than IR & UHF, all other use of the UHF remote was pretty normal for local IR things (tv, vcr, dvd) just the dish that responded slow either in front of it or in another room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts