Is There Ever Anything on Macy's Sat Net?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I've been checking AMC-15k from time to time, never see much there. Was some NHL feeds tonight but aways Macy's just has a slide up. What do they put up on there?

That's all I've ever seen either.

It might just be a placeholder so a tech can know he's found the right satellite, it appears there are several audio channels in that mux. Maybe the background music for various departments in Macy's stores?

Iceberg pretty much nailed it. Not too much. Mostly background store music. I did a couple of repoints a few years back.....some of the stores moved to one of the Anik birds.

Echostar or other space resellers sell occasional use space on that bird. I'm up there quite a bit doing live shots for Sea World, San Diego amongst other things.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, of course! :)

RADAR

Radar,

This was one of the reasons I was asking, are you kidding, or is the parade really up there ? It gets blacked out here in Northern Michigan, local affiliate runs the Detroit parade instead, my wife complains loudly about this.

Jim

Radar,

This was one of the reasons I was asking, are you kidding, or is the parade really up there ? It gets blacked out here in Northern Michigan, local affiliate runs the Detroit parade instead, my wife complains loudly about this.

Jim
No parade.
I tried on purpose last Thanksgiving 'cause I thought the Macy's feed would certainly show their own parade. Not the case though, as the same slate that's on there now was on during the parade. I watch it in HD on other channels, but was curious about it last year. ...I've never seen any actual programming there.

Radar,

Jim

Nawh, I was being facetious on the parade thing. I did see something on the AMC 15 105 Macy's channel last year. It was around Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I don't recall exactly what it was all about. It was some sort of a video training seminar for retailers.

RADAR

I bet that isn't cheap to rent time for a channel they pretty much never use

And no, I've never seen anything on it (but then again, I've only been FTA'ing for less than a month... :)

I did watch a "macy's" regional Top sales Manager and Best performing store awards on it once last year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)