Is there FTV (free to view) in North America?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not really, well...... once you buy the equipment you can get GloryStar for free. :)

Also your title is correct but your post says something different.

He's asking if we have Free-to-view in North America.

Programing that is "free" after a one time fee.
we do...its called free to air :)
the one time fee is the equipment :D

But there is another way about "free to view"

I have the "free to view" any program I find out there because I'm not married :D

and I guess this answers the question ;)
Free-to-view (FTV) is a term used in the United Kingdom for certain television channels on the Sky Digital satellite platform which require a working VideoGuard receiver and viewing card to decrypt the signals, but do not require any form of continual subscription.
considering most FTA boxes dont have card slots its kinda a moot point here in the US

I guess the closest thing here would be the DCII channels (American Life Network) which require a current or previous subbed 4DTV box? NASA and 3ABN on Dish Network would be similar but actually can be gotten with any DVB receiver.

I just read that free to view is in the United Kingdom. Kinda similar to FTA here, which seems to be much better than the FTV.
From Tim I learn something new!

MrFTAman

glorystar is a group of channels that we already get on FTA. They are the religious channels on AMC4 & IA5. They market a 36" dish with 2 LNB's on it (for AMC4 & IA5). ALso the receiver is usually preprogrammed with the religious channels

I have heard that in Australia they have many channels fta. The person said channels like AMC, etc. It's really large in other countries.
It's a shame that we can't have the same lineup as they do. They don't pay a sub either for this.

I have heard that in Australia they have many channels fta. The person said channels like AMC, etc. It's really large in other countries.
It's a shame that we can't have the same lineup as they do. They don't pay a sub either for this.

Most of Europe too, FTA is still quite new in North America.

Let's hope that the US will start growing in the area of FTA, as far as the technology, and more channels. It is unreal how the european countries are so far ahead of us.
It's a shame that there are features in the FTA receivers that can't be used because it is designed for the europeans setup...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)