Is there no after hours Dish tech help?

JimA

Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Okay, it's 9:00 p.m. CST and I finally get to sit down and watch the tube. Turn on one of the 522 tuners and most of the channels I subscribe to (top 120) are red in the guide (meaning I don't subscribe to them - but I do!). I go to call customer service and they are closed? Does that mean I better not have trouble on the weekends either. Does anyone know an after hours help line for the Dish like Directv? I used to be able to call them pretty much anytime night and day and get a warm body at least. Am I missing something here besides the subscription I'm paying for but being told by my guide that I can't see 'em?

Jim

Sounds like a phone system glitch - E* is open 24/7 at 1-800-333-3474.

If you are calling a different number (like if you're an SBC cutomer) well, then, who knows.

Yeah, 24/7. Did you sign-up with a retailer and call their tech support line by mistake?

Nope - calling 800-333-dish

Nope - I called 800-333-3474 probably 10 times and each time it prompted me through the standard prompt (1) if existing customer, then enter phone number, then states "tranferring you" to a CSR, then states customer service closed. I just couldn't believe they didn't have 24/7 support. HOWEVER, when I just called this morning I did get in (8:00 a CST) and the CSR said that someone had cancelled my account! Don't know why - I'm paid up. The CSR couldn't explain it either. Perhaps because when I called last night I really was NOT a customer (at least technically because I was mistakenly cancelled) in their system so I couldn't get through to the 24/7 support. Now that I've been reinstated I'll call tonight about the same time and see what happens.

Thanks folks!

Strange. I've never had to enter my phone number before. It always asks me if if my phone number ends in XXXX. 1 if Yes. 2 if No.

Some areas of the country their phone central office is old and doens't allow it to recognize the number.

The only time I have to put in my number is if I call from work

If you call from the number they have on your account, they recognize you and skip the "is your number is...." prompt. If I call from my cellphone or from work, I have to enter my number. If I call from home, I don't. It just asks you to confirm it's you.

The last 3 pots maybe should have "almost all the tiem" or "mostly" or such - unless their phone system AND E*'s is wrking perfectly 100% of the time.

Not a hit on any of the guys, just - do-do occurs. ;)

I get the confirm XXXX about 50% of the time. No changes in my phone system. :)

Just FYI...after I finally got hold of a CSR yesterday during the day they told me I was mistakenly cancelled (couldn't explain why). Last night, sure enough, I was receiving my subscription again. For the heck of it I called the 333-dish number again and this time I was able to get a prompt to talk to a technician!

Sooooo, if they think you ain't a customer (like they mistakenly thought in my case), you don't get through to the tech. Makes sense, but don't get mistakenly cancelled on a weekend, you'll never get through till Monday morning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)