Is this a DISH OTA uplink facility?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Was driving around outside Harrisonville, MO this morning, which is south of Kansas City a ways. Came across this non-descript facility with a monopole and a bunch of C-Band dishes. The pole has 3-5 OTA antennas on it, pointing in various directions. Could this be a facility used by Dish to uplink our local channels?
IMG_4537.JPG

Was driving around outside Harrisonville, MO this morning, which is south of Kansas City a ways. Came across this non-descript facility with a monopole and a bunch of C-Band dishes. The pole has 3-5 OTA antennas on it, pointing in various directions. Could this be a facility used by Dish to uplink our local channels?View attachment 124435

Looks more like the head end for a cable company.

I agree that looks like a cable headend. Mediacom used to have one quite close to my neighborhood, they ripped it all down a few years back after they got cable internet fully deployed, I suppose they got other delivery methods now.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I agree that looks like a cable headend. Mediacom used to have one quite close to my neighborhood, they ripped it all down a few years back after they got cable internet fully deployed, I suppose they got other delivery methods now.

More and more cable companies are moving to "super hubs" where the video is all gathered in one central location, sometimes very far away and then is piped into cities via fiber. given it happened at the same time they did an internet upgrade, that's probably what happened.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)