Is this a good deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
So I called D* yesterday afternoon to speak to the retention dept. I asked if there are any special offers they could give to upgrade to HD.

The lady on the phone offered me an HD-DVR with install and dish for $99 plus $19.95 shipping/handling and a $10 credit for the HD package for 12 months.

I am still under a 2 year contract for another ~10 months.

I think this is a good deal considering, but had two questions.

Has anyone lately that is still under contract done any better?

I thought the installer brought the dish and receiver, so should I be trying to get the $19.95 s/h fee waived?

The way it was put to me was that the $19.95 shipping was to defray the cost of shipping from the D* warehouse to the local one.

Or the cost of driving to your house :)

All in all, that deal is very good for a current subscriber still in contract, ENJOY :)

I think it seems like a pretty good deal.

I got a free HR21 about a month ago, but I think that was probably because I was replacing an HR10-250 with it. Although, when they showed up, I think I could have put the HR10-250 in another room and de-activated an SD-DVR instead - they wouldn't have known any different. That was a leased receiver, and they did not take the receiver back. And I had about 22 months left on my contract at that time (bought another HR21 at Best Buy in Feb). :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)