Is this a good deal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
So I called D* yesterday afternoon to speak to the retention dept. I asked if there are any special offers they could give to upgrade to HD.

The lady on the phone offered me an HD-DVR with install and dish for $99 plus $19.95 shipping/handling and a $10 credit for the HD package for 12 months.

I am still under a 2 year contract for another ~10 months.

I think this is a good deal considering, but had two questions.

Has anyone lately that is still under contract done any better?

I thought the installer brought the dish and receiver, so should I be trying to get the $19.95 s/h fee waived?

The way it was put to me was that the $19.95 shipping was to defray the cost of shipping from the D* warehouse to the local one.

Or the cost of driving to your house :)

All in all, that deal is very good for a current subscriber still in contract, ENJOY :)

I think it seems like a pretty good deal.

I got a free HR21 about a month ago, but I think that was probably because I was replacing an HR10-250 with it. Although, when they showed up, I think I could have put the HR10-250 in another room and de-activated an SD-DVR instead - they wouldn't have known any different. That was a leased receiver, and they did not take the receiver back. And I had about 22 months left on my contract at that time (bought another HR21 at Best Buy in Feb). :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)