Is this dish worth salvaging?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I've decided I want to try to get a BUD setup for FTA (don't plan on subscribing). The house that my mom rents has an old BUD in the back yard and my dad has one at his house as well (oh, how many episodes of a-team and fraggle rock did I watch on that thing!)

Anyway, there is a lot of bushes and stuff around the one at my dad's house so I'm going to try to salvage the one at my mom's house first. The problem is that it has a few holes in it, and I'm wondering how they would affect it's performance, and if it's significant, if it's worth trying to salvage. I took a few pictures with my phone, hopefully you'll be able to get a good idea. The wires are cut off up at the actuator and the LNB. I have no idea if either are any good. I have a Fortec Mercury II that I might haul out there and see what I can get, along with a mover.

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    387.3 KB · Views: 180
Before going thru all the trouble of getting it, look around your area and see if there are any other dishes. I am leary of what you're looking at. Those bad places on the dish can interfere with signal performance. If the arm and LNB are good, get them.
Get the word out what you're looking for and see what happens...
Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)