Is this Happenning with anyone else?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I have a 722 HD DVR and since the begginning of summer I have noticed an interesting feature occurring with my DVR.My DVR seems to ,on its own chose and record shows that I havent set DVR for..For example this summer my DVR automatically recorded primetime on ABC friday nights(The Goode Family,Surviving Suburbia)shows i would have never thought to find or record(I ended up liking the Goode Family)now my DVR is automatically recording a show on FOX "Glee"(now I dont care for this show as I dont care for the main star too much ,so I erase,but the next week its back on the DVR).Now this isnt a big issue,I am just curious if somehow the Networks are sending out a signal to have people have these shows recorded.Or is my DVR have a mind of its own..

Nope. Sounds like someone is programming for you or your neighbor is on the same remote frequency.

S~

Somehow a timer is set. Dish doesn't set up timers within the users HD space and neither do the networks. Try resetting the unit. Granted all of your timers will be gone.

S~

You've probably accidentally set this timer. Say, for instance, you recorded a show 1 time and instead of choosing record once, you chose to record it on a weekly basis. Networks don't set timers for you. Anything else you think it may be, is laughable. Maybe Obama is setting your DVR timers!:D

He doesn't need to reset the unit. He can just find the timers he doesn't want and delete them.

Absolutely true. Look at your timers and see what is there and remove anything that you don't recognize. It's a very simple process.

Are you using sling remote by any chance?

If it shows up then, yes no need. But, I would assume someone would check their timers before posting. I have seen and heard of some weird things happening with dish boxes. It could also be a timer that was set for another show in the same time period and then restored.

S~

It could be that you have a timer that isn't looking for an exact match. There may be an actors name in the description that matches your timer causing it to record.

Dish Pass perhaps? Again, check all your timers and delete any that you don't know for sure what they are doing.

Also, do you have a kid in the house that could easily hit 2 buttons and accidentally set up a timer? I do and I've found many random recordings/timers because of a simple remote grab.

No Timers set!

If it shows up then, yes no need. But, I would assume someone would check their timers before posting. I have seen and heard of some weird things happening with dish boxes. It could also be a timer that was set for another show in the same time period and then restored.

S~
I have no Timers set at all in my DVR as I cleared out a few months ago as most shows I like where either not on (cancelled)or reruns.I watch mostly Movie Channels or Netflix in Summer.So I have no Timers to clear.However I still get shows recorded automatically even though no timers set.My DVR is just plain weird,may be time to replace.

Dish Pass perhaps? Again, check all your timers and delete any that you don't know for sure what they are doing.

Also, do you have a kid in the house that could easily hit 2 buttons and accidentally set up a timer? I do and I've found many random recordings/timers because of a simple remote grab.
No one else in household besides my cat,I I doubt hes setting timers.

Today while I was watching the Cubs game on wgn 239 on my #2 tv it changed to a different channel three times. No one in the house was changing channels on the # 1 set. Could this be a neighbors remote doing this, and why just one tv is affected?

Can something be done to correct this?--Thanks

GOCUBS!!!

I once had a week where somehow the guide data on my 622 got corrupted in some subtle way such that things that shouldn't have been recorded got recorded. But I DID have timers set, quite a few of them in fact. They just recorded the wrong things.

No one else in household besides my cat,I I doubt hes setting timers.

Matter of fact my wife just email chatted with a Dish Tech and they are sending a replacement receiver as this has been reported quite a bit and it has to do with the Software not anything the Customer is doing1So Yes we used common sense and resolved this..

Sounds like your problem has been fixed, or soon will be. Good deal.

But am I missing something? Out of curiosity, does your wife somehow not count for being in the household? In some households, if they play their cards right, they sometimes even count twice or three times. :D I'm sure some guys would like to know your secret...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)