Is this issue exclusive to me?

Joe h

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2018
Bismarck, nd
I have a dph42 switch connected to a Wally and a hopper 3 which has worked flawlessly until Friday, we had some lightning and nearly a half foot of rain. At first I just had the obstruction error message, which was obviously true, there is no way a signal was reaching the dish. After the rain cleared out, the hopper would display the guide and I could turn the channels like normal, but neither the hopper nor Wally would display a picture or audio. So I went through a switch test, and neither receiver could see the dph42. So I fiddle around with cable ends for an hour and still nothing. Swapped out the non hybrid lnbf for the hybrid lnbf, and connected the hopper 3 straight to it. Most of the transponders were in the 60s, but it would not acquire a signal. So I disconnected the wireless Joey ap, ran through all the tests again, and it worked. Reconnected the joeys and went to bed.

Everything was fine until nearly noon today when it started doing the the same thing again, where it turns channels but doesn’t display a picture or audio. So this time I put new ends on all the cables and the switch test passes, but it doesn’t acquire a signal. So I unplug the joeys and it once again works. I don’t know what is really causing the issues, water damage to the cables, or the wireless joeys are messing thing up. Dish won’t send anyone out unless I agree to a $95 or $10 for 6 months charge. As far as I care, this issue is either related to a hardware glitch or poor installation, and they can have the equipment back before I pay a dime.

It is possible that a power surge from the lightning could have caused your equipment to start going bad. After a recent lightning storm, my internet went out for several days until we got someone from Spectrum to come out and fix it. The day after the storm, my washing machine seemed to work like normal at first, but then it died.

It is possible that a power surge from the lightning could have caused your equipment to start going bad. After a recent lightning storm, my internet went out for several days until we got someone from Spectrum to come out and fix it. The day after the storm, my washing machine seemed to work like normal at first, but then it died.
IF it has a computer like mother board in it it has to have a surge protector plug for the washing machine too. The repair man replaced my mother board in my washing machine and told me to keep it plugged into a surge protector plug to prevent problems with power fluctuations or brown outs etc. Since we did that we have had no more problems with the washing machine losing cycles like it was before. We even had big power outages and it hasn't hurt the machine. Almost all modern washers have mother boards in them now.

I have an expensive surge on the hopper, and a dollar store special on the Wally. But I’ve had some time to fiddle with it. With the dph42 and dpp1000.2, I’m getting absolutely nothing at the hopper. But with the hybrid lnbf, a pretty good signal. Connecting just the Wally to the dph42, it works. Connecting both the Wally and the hopper, the Wally takes a lot longer to acquire a signal, but it will eventually, the hopper still cannot see the dph, so at this point, I’m just going to bite the bullet, assume the hopper took a bit of a lightning strike, and call dish to pay the $60.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)