Is this new?

sjvirchow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Did Dish recently re-design the Pay-Per-View section on channel 100?
Obviously they're still some kinks to be ironed out...

IMG_2975.JPGIMG_2974.JPG

Wouldn't know.. but it looks typical dish lately.. roll out something ... and it doesn't work.. or roll it out, and not tell anyone for a few days.. and still doesn't work when they DO get around to telling people about it.. :) I know.. I need to be less Dish-negative.. :)

I agree. The whole channel 100 seems a bit outdated. I hate to say it, but DirecTV seems more ahead in the game in terms of updating things, making sure they work, things like that.

I agree. The whole channel 100 seems a bit outdated. I hate to say it, but DirecTV seems more ahead in the game in terms of updating things, making sure they work, things like that.
well... back in the day... I originally went with DirecTV ... number one reason? Self Install ...

was freakin' proud of my handy work .. original dish, two leads/boxes, one in the 'rents room, one in mine... great outputs (DD fiber out to my reciver) life was good.. added another dish to the same pole, added another box, for my sister when she moved in .... life was again good.. moved.. and went to cable.

2002 ... cable internet, holy hell batman I was high on the hog.. moved my sister & father in.. DVR with Cable.. then realized the cost.. and I was like.. that's it. I'm tired of their mickymouse sh*t ... and by this time, Dish had finally either dropped or minimized their install fees.. I mean.. back in the 90's they wanted 2 to 3 hundred for an install? ... now only 99 and often free if you catch it on a deal.. and at that time.. the only reason I didn't go back to DirecTV was because they didn't have Nasa channel available (sister's in aviation & working with cadet rocketry programs)

so, Dish got the nod.. the DVR's were f**king rock solid.. I could swap out the hard drive with one double in size, could watch what I wanted from the DVR drive, etc... then moved again.. and kept dish ... got a second DVR ... letting sister & nephew have my "old" one.. which never died ... but getting the new one just for me... and that one died 3 times.... before the 4th which lasted a couple years..

now I've upgraded to HD ... dual 722k's dual sling adapters ... and I've been both happy and frustrated ever since.. like they advanced in years with hardware, but the firmware and usability is just not there.. and now in a position I have no options but when things start looking up again.... Dish better be on it, or I'm going back to Directv...

I've heard some bad reviews about DirecTV, which is why I stayed away from them. I'm pretty happy with Dish, but some things could use some work, especially the On Demand bug that reboots the whole DVR.

I've heard some bad reviews about DirecTV, which is why I stayed away from them.

You should have checked out DirectTV for yourself instead of relying on others. Both they and Dish are to me quite equal, just in different ways, and both better than cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)