REELZ HD now on 299

Reelz was probably realz eager to expand their HD base because of the upcoming The Kennedy's mini-series starting Sunday.

KAB;2kab498641 said:
Reelz was probably realz eager to expand their HD base because of the upcoming The Kennedy's mini-series starting Sunday.

Thanks for that KAB! Didn't know about it. The wife will want to watch that.

Ed

Yeppers, that's first thing I thought. They paid that money, they might want some folks to actually watch it.

Actually, they paid pennies on the Dollar to History Channel after they bailed. HC did retain non-broadcast rights.

Last edited:
But has anyone tried to set a timer for it yet.. Episode 9 on Sunday AND Monday Nights. Episode 3 on Tuesday night.. Can't seem to find episode 1 or 2. DVR timer is confused. Going to have to do some restoring to make it work.. Just not sure which ones to restore..

Yea that episode 9 looks a little hinky for an 8 episode series.

I just told it to record all 'new' episodes so hopefully we'll get them all.

I was able to get some information on it, and I do show Episode 9 before the others. I also show a lot of N/A for episode # on the guide. On the REELZ website, it shows they have the Movie Premier Event which is 2 hours long which could possibly be episode's 1 and 2, with the encore showings being on Monday then starting from Episode 3.

I did some further research on Episode 9 and believe I know the problem. When I hit info on Episode 9 it said world premier and was right about the time REELZ says it's for episodes 1-2. I think Tribune may have made an error when inputting the info into the guide. I will pass that along to see if we can get it fixed and updated.

The Kennedys - Episode Schedule for more information :D

Thanks Tommy. Looks like my 722k is gonna get them all with a duplication of #1 and #2 when they encore them next weekend. Like you said #9 appears to be the same as #1 and #2.

Okay so if I record episode 1 (2 hrs) I am actually getting one and two? That's why there's no ep 2 on Monday, only 1 again? I found episode 2 later in the week on a repeat. Boy this is confusing.

It's episode 9 because episode 1 and 2 are grouped into a two hour block which assigns it a new episode number.

It's episode 9 because episode 1 and 2 are grouped into a two hour block which assigns it a new episode number.

There it is in plain english! :)

Too bad they didn't just list them separately to avoid the confusion.

Agreed. Does your Info description have the "HD" at the end of the description?

No, no mention of HD in the Info description, but I just checked the beginning of the recording it made last night and it's in HD.

Why even add it at all if they were just going to remove it? They could of just showed it on the DISH 101 channel in HD instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts