Is this normal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tacafta

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
PR
I buy a new , Neusat SP6000 premium , and works fine, I use it for true FTA. But I saw that in the EPG have an option to download EPG and when I select that show Dish and Bell EPG download options. Now, thats normal ?? The receiver came like that I had not add anything.

We've been seeing that more and more lately, that some leftover piracy artifacts have snuck into the factory firmware. About all you can do is check the firmware revision in the box, and if load the latest factory firmware, if that's not what is in it.

:)

Don't be shocked if you buy a "new" receiver and the dealer loads it with hacker software. Some real operators out there selling. Happened to me too, once. Or, they sold you a returned box as new, after some hacker returned it to the dealer!

sadly it seems to be the norm. As noted above some hackware has been integrated into the factory software) minus the hacker part

What your think? Should I load the original factory firmware ?? The receiver have a version from 2007 and I check the neusat webpage and the factory firmware is from 2006.

My advice would be to use the firmware that works the best. So try out what you have, if there are problems, let us know and maybe somebody has seen the same thing and can help. It's hard to guess at this point , which firmware is the best for FTA, so we'll just have to try it out and see.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)