Is this OK/Legal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpgny9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I currently have an account with Directv. I have 6 boxes on my account. Three of the boxes I use at my office (my building has a dish on the roof, so I just plugged them in). the boxes are in offices, so it is not like a store or resturant. Is this ok to do or am I breaking the rules?

Ok - Thanks for the info

I'll bring them all home :rolleyes:

And Commercial accounts have to pay the commercial rates. In this case the private Office rate has to be paid for each individual office that a receiver is in.

Grasshopper AZ said:
And Commercial accounts have to pay the commercial rates. In this case the private Office rate has to be paid for each individual office that a receiver is in.
Right ... that is BS, my poker club called DirecTV and they said it would be like $600/mo for basic service. So I installed a Dish for the club owner and she bought 3 more receivers at her house. In our case the poker room is a "social" club ... and a non-profit so WTF does D* think we owe them for? LOL, the rake is our membership dues lol.

charper1 said:
They no longer base it it on the fire occupancy rate?

How is the new "Estimated Viewing Occupancy" determined? I would think Certificate of Occupancy or Fire Occupancy would be an easier thing to use.

charper1 said:
Thats the way I have always known it to work. I have never heard or seen this price per location thing.

I am sure it used to be by Fire Occupancy Code. Could be wrong, but seems to me I remember seeing that before. Now D* sets it by Estimate Viewing Occupancy, just wondering how that is determined. I see the forms were updated in January, maybe that was the change made.

OK, their "Estimated Viewing Occupancy" SHOULD still go by the "Maximum Occupancy" as determined by the local fire code; that is the ONLY game in town; in ANY town, and must be performed and posted. So it all the same just new terminology.

charper1 said:
OK, their "Estimated Viewing Occupancy" SHOULD still go by the "Maximum Occupancy" as determined by the local fire code; that is the ONLY game in town; in ANY town, and must be performed and posted. So it all the same just new terminology.

Ok, sounds easy to me. Thanks.

Re-read Grasshopper AZ's post about "private office" - there are two different basic main forms of "commercial accounts"....

A "private office" account is based on a per receiver charge, while a "public viewing" account (like in a bar/healthclub) IS based on EVO...

this is NOT true. # of my boxes are more then 90 min from my house.
d* was told this BEFORE i even ordered service and they offered to set the other 3 up at my camper. You do not have to have them in the same house or address.

dishrich said:
Re-read Grasshopper AZ's post about "private office" - there are two different basic main forms of "commercial accounts"....

A "private office" account is based on a per receiver charge, while a "public viewing" account (like in a bar/healthclub) IS based on EVO...

I see that there are now actually 3 different categories, Business viewing, Public viewing and Private office. I was just reflecting back a few years ago when I was working with a friend setting up D* for his bar, and thought we had to make a copy of his Fire Inspection showing his allowed occupancy. Business viewing is the only one that now mentions Fire Code, but also has Estimated View Occupancy. I was just wondering what was used to determine the "Estimated Viewing Occupancy". Fire Code is in black & white and cut and dry, just seems that would be a lot easier to use.

Sooo.. buy a slingbox and watch your 'home' TV over the internet...

It's amazing how all of these stupid rules and policies bread technology to get around them...

I think its OK. You are paying for it and are watching it at a different location. I doubt directv even cares.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)