Is this one of the crap DP Twins?

ClarusWorks

Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
My system occasionally reports a switch error, usually just during rainstorms, which is dismissable as weather, but sometimes it happens for no good reason. I usually have very good signal, all in the 100s and 110s, and I got this error today, and went outside to see if anything was obstructing the dish, or if there was heavy cloud cover. No cloud cover, but the DP Twin LNB had popped apart a little at the bottom, where the snappy-clips hold it together. I popped it back together, ran a check switch, and everything's fine. The LNB hitting 61.5 was perfectly intact, and working properly.

The information from the suspect LNB is:
BS1B2UP201M (This number is in the bottom left, don't know what it is, model #, maybe?)
Lot No. W 4 8 (The W has a circle around it)
Made in China

I know it's not one of the crappy Channel Master ones, but is it one from another lot/manufacturer that was not good? Also, who is it making these things, and does anyone else make them? This one seems very flimsy, while the build quality of my DP Dual for 61.5 seems very good (P/N: 151019 Lot No. 0442 Assembled in USA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)