Is this possible and legal?

I also have an RV. I would like to stay legal if possible and use an RV account. I checked their web site and could not see anything pertaining to that. I will be a new customer with them and will want a dual DVR in the house - probably a 625 or maybe a 722 and eat the $6 enabling fee. For the trailer I would want a dual tuner since I have 2 TVS. I would keep the 322 in the trailer all the time and set up a Dish 500 at any RV site that I would be staying. In the house I would want the 625 or 722 fed to 4 different rooms. Will Dish do this or do I have to work out something with the installer and pay him extra? Since there are only her and I in the house, we will only be watching TV in 2 different places at one time.
I would not have neither hooked up to phone line since I replaced my home phone with a cell phone. I realize that I would have to pay $5 per receiver to do this.

So my question is - how do I set up an order from E* as a new customer to get what i want?

I am not against paying for 2 dual receivers and all the fees. I know of others out there that just take one of their receivers with them. I would leave the one in the trailer all the time.

Stuart628 - How long have you had your RV waiver and how much money is it per month? Can you suspend service at home when you leave and can you suspend service on the RV when you return home?

Jag 72- The link you provided does not appear to address an RV Waiver - at least I could not find it.

Last edited:
Hi all,:)
I have an older Dish super dish setup. I also have a vacation home with no tv in it. I was told I can buy a receiver and satellite dish that is the same as mine, hook it up at the vacation home and just plug in my user card and it will work. Is this ok? I am still paying for the service and not running another receiver or anything like that. I am just moving the location of my existing setup. Or could I just buy a dish that is compatible with my receiver and bring the receiver with me when I go... Will it work, and above all else is it legal?

Thanks! :hatsoff:
Tekkk
Not to worry about this "illegal 'stuff. It's crap...Now ,Dish would like you to have a seperate account for each home.
In fact they do have a rule in place that requires it. However I can tell you that I have doen serveral installs for customers then followed them out their weekend getaway to install a Dish at that place. The customer simply takes their receiver(s) with them when they go. No big deal.
Non HD programming requires only a Dish 500 antenna and proper LNBF. They are readly available thru the sponsors on this board. To tune in your dish at the vacation home. Make sure the dish is secure. Connect the receiver. Open the menu, Where it indicates point dish or dish angles, eneter the local zip code. take down the azimuth, elevation and skew. Set the elevation and the skew. Tighten nuts.. Then open wondows and crank the tv volume. That is assuming you do not own a satllite signal meter. Anyway, move the dish slowly left to right or right to left ..Whichever you choose. When you hear the signal meter on your tv get loud and high pitched, STOP!!!!!!Tighten the nuts on the mast clamp. gently grasp the dish on top and bottom. Gently pull top and bottom of the dish back and forward. Gently...If ther meter goes to a lower tone on any direction then you are peaked and ready to go.. If the signal meter on the tv goes up, you may have to move the dish a slightly in the opposite direction.

If the audit department calls and you, your going to have some problems if the receiver is not there when they call. If you have one receiver on your account they wont audit you anyways (99.999% unlikely) although I have read on here where someone with one receiver has gotten audited.

If you are gone to your vacation home, with your receiver, they're gonna have a hard time figuring out that it's not there. :eureka

I’m not so sure that *E worries as much as some of you do when it comes to living up to their contractual obligations or implied warranties and agreements with their customers.

My opinion is at least you are there customers and aying for there services. If you feal that you want to Buy another antenna and bring it to you vacation home, there should be no problem with it. Now if you bring one of your recievers to Bob's house down the road and leave it there, then yes, that would be a problem. But then I didnt write the terms up, and I am sure you would be fine if you did that. Just dont awnser any calls that you dont know the number :)

Under your scenario using a Dish receiver in an RV is illegal.

Yet it's done all the time and up until 9 months 10 months ago, Dish offered you a waiver to
watch television in your RV.

Now if he was to take one receiver to that second home and LEAVE it there, that's a violation of the terms of service. If he's carrying one for a weekend at a cabin it's really pushing the line to say it's a violation.

It technically is a violation. The standard agreement requires that all receivers be at one address permanently. having said that I really don't think that either provider minds this and I have heard stories of the CSRs actually giving people advice on how to so it.

While not moving your receiver around is not against the law, violating an agreement that you engaged in is fraud and that is illegal.

Just a thought. Could Dish tell where a reciever is located? Do they have that ability?

There was a thread that previously was discussed. It is below:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/105926-living-two-locations-install-tips.html

I personally had a lake/vacation home and had a entire dish set up there and took my receivers back and forth. Just don't plug the phone line in and don't try to order ppv through the phone line. If you MUST order PPV, do it over the phone so that way all receivers will receive the PPV regardless of "where" the receivers are. Do it this way and don't sweat it if you take your receivers back n forth.

You can also do a search on this, it's been heavily debated.

Every time yo go to your vacation home, pack up the receiver, call dish, and change your service address to the cabin. In 2 days, when you go back home, pack up the receiver, call dish and change your service address again. :)

Then no one can complain about if it's where it's supposed to be or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)