Is This Possible?

Finnigan

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Mexico
I would like to move programs I have recorded from one reciver to my other receiver. And, visa versa.

I called dish about this and they said "not possible". I never believe those two words.

I told them I had a self-powered large USB drive.

Is there a way to do this? Will the receivers see the drive with DN's charge of $40 to add an external drive (even though I do not want to record to that drive - just copy)?

Suggestions?

Finnigan

I would like to move programs I have recorded from one reciver to my other receiver. And, visa versa.

I called dish about this and they said "not possible". I never believe those two words.

I told them I had a self-powered large USB drive.

Is there a way to do this? Will the receivers see the drive with DN's charge of $40 to add an external drive (even though I do not want to record to that drive - just copy)?

Suggestions?

Finnigan

You can transfer your USB drives from a like receiver ie VIP211 to another VIP211 but you can not do the same from an unlike receiver like between a 211 to a VIP611 or 711. Also ANY receiver MUST have it's own power supply and must NOT be powered by the USB.

Yes, if you have two 722s. You can transfer the movies to the external hard drive and then transfer them over to another 722. If you have the external hard drive hookup.

I was not aware that external HDD transfers, etc. had to be the same models, as explained above. It was my understanding that this can be achieved among any ViP STB on the same account--with the obvious exception of the 211K that uses HDD for direct live stream recordings.

I have, in fact, moved things around and viewed, etc. among my 722's and my 722K.

OK, I may have missed something, what is the 711?

My Receivers Are...

A 622 and a 722 (no k).

Think it might work for copy and place (paste) between those?

How do you know what you are copying and where it is going? Will it show on the screen?

Maybe there is a U-Tube video on this :)

Finnigan

Among all VIP DVR's on your account (612/622/722/722k you can MOVE programs with the EHD, you cannot copy.

EHD

I assume EHD is an External Hard Drive (powered).

OK, now how do I move (or copy) recorded items from 1st receiver to the EHD, so I can use the EHD to move them the the 2nd receiver?

In other words, what can I see? How do I know what is being "moved"?

Different world. ViP211 boxes can share EHDs with each other, but not with the ViP DVR series.

When you attach an External Hard Drive (EHD) to your 612/622/722/722k/922 it recognizes it as compatible and either uses it (if it has been connected before) or formats it to be used.

You then gain menu options in the DVR menu for transferring programs to the EHD, it is very intuitive and direct, just follow the prompts.

I am not at home right now or I'd give you key by key directions. Maybe later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts