Is this possible?

sam_gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Lexington, ky
OK, it probably isn't but if I didn't ask...

I have a 612 and 211. I am out of contract. I'm not really interested in the hopper. I like the equipment I have. Anyway, if I pay for the 'DVR Capability' on the 211, can I transfer content from my 612 to an EHD, then plug that into the 211 and watch from my 211?

Thanks

No. They are incompatible. The 612 EHD should work with a 622/722/Hopper, but a 211 will ask to reformat the drive.

I see a second 612 in your future. I have two and (mostly) love them. $10/mo for the extra one, or $3/mo more than you're paying now.

I see a second 612 in your future. I have two and (mostly) love them. $10/mo for the extra one, or $3/mo more than you're paying now.
Or get rid of the dual tuner 612 and add a second 211 the DVR functionality would be on both 211 with no additional fees. And no DVR fees on the account.

Or get rid of the dual tuner 612 and add a second 211 the DVR functionality would be on both 211 with no additional fees. And no DVR fees on the account.
Wouldn't we lose recording/watching capability? The 612 allows me to record two shows and watch a third (as long as one of the three is OTA).

Technically you can watch and record on the 211 also but it requires OTA, similar to what you are doing with the 612.

I was a very late comer to the hopper. I know you say you are not interested, but I just wish I would have gotten it sooner. I love it. I would never go back to any other receiver again. It is the best receiver I have ever used.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)