Netflix App Who Would Like To See It To The Hopper

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
who would like to see a netflix app being added to the dish hopper?let me know what you think

Allen bluegras
Illinois

This is actually one of the bluegras posts I don't mind seeing. Would love to see a Netflix app on the Hopper. I think it would help Dish more than it hurts.

Unless Dish gets some sort of agreement with netflix out of it, I doubt it will ever happen. Dish probably views Netflix as direct competition.

Reactions: Centex
I don't see why Dish wouldn't want to. If it's a competitor why not offer their service so customers can have both but using the device you make. This should help keep customers sticky.

I wouldn't mind seeing an application on the hopper for Netflix. Would keep me from changing to my blu-ray player everytime to watch netflix.

I don't see why Dish wouldn't want to. If it's a competitor why not offer their service so customers can have both but using the device you make. This should help keep customers sticky.

Cable companies that offer TiVo for their DVR have Netflix disabled on the TiVos they provide.

Reactions: ncted
What I would like to see is the MLB.TV App on the Hopper. That way we don't need the Extra Innings thingy...but we could still access the games via our existing accounts with MLB. That would also take less bandwidth than using EI. (I think)

With a chromecast I don't see the need, unless the Hopper tries to incorporate all kinds of streaming services I'm not sure what the advantage would be. (And I realize not everyone has chromecast but I feel it's the best way to get the supported streaming material to a tv)

I've been thinking this for a while. Put all the streaming apps on your box, so people don't have to leave your hardware (and your data collection methods) to watch what they are going to watch anyway.

Reactions: jerryez
Not having to change inputs would be nice. I have no trouble, but others in our home struggle at times. So yes a Netflix app would be welcomed.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Given the Netflix/Dish promotion discussed in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-netflix-tie-up.337323/
It would seem more likely, because as was mentioned earlier once the Disney/Marvel films leave premium cable to go to Netflix it would be far better for Dish for them to allow access on their equipment almost like another premium choice than for people to go outside their ecosystem, find out they like it and "cut the cord".
netflixdish.jpg

I think that it would be another good selling point if Netflix was included. Most people that want Netflix already have a way to view it on their TVs, so I do not think that Netflix would be any more competition than it is now. It will be a lot more convenient to have the Netflix interface readily available within the Dish software and would make Dish more attractive to new customers.

What I would like to see is the MLB.TV App on the Hopper. That way we don't need the Extra Innings thingy...but we could still access the games via our existing accounts with MLB. That would also take less bandwidth than using EI. (I think)

I would love to see this app on the hopper. Dish could get a great deal going of a price that's a fantastic deal for customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the vast majority of us want it and we think it makes business sense to do so.

But anyone know the technical challenge there? Is it possible? Streaming an additional video feed through one of the apps? How about porting the Netflix interface through the Hopper? It would be cool, but lordy we don't need no more bugs.