Is it possible to use Dish Anywhere with a Chromecast?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Is there any way to send the Dish Anywhere content to a Chromecast device from an Android tablet? Probably not it it would be great if so.

Thanks,
Alan Rovner

The DA app and website are not compatible with Chromecast at this time. We will be happy to submit a programming request for you for Chromecast support tonight.

Thanks Jason, yes please do ask for Chromecast support to be added as a new feature. This would be a technology coup for Dish over the other guys. I also believe a lot of folks would use it and it would be a popular feature.

Yes, nice. But let's fix a few bugs first. Especially the OTA subchannels recording bug.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Isn't already having sling technology specific to dish already a step above all the competition? Or autohop? Or a 2tb hard drive? Or transfer feature? There are more. But when is enough enough?

You can cast your device screen from some phones and tablets now, so you can load Dish Anywhere on the app, and cast it to the chromecast that way.

I have a regular slingbox and use wdtv boxes in other parts of the house and at my lake house. I also have a Toshiba Thrive with an HDMI port I use when traveling, but ease of use and convenience Chromecast support would be nice too.

It may be possible to Chromecast it from a computer using the Chrome browser. In recent updates I can send a Slingbox screen via Chromecast now.

With sling recently adding chromecast support to their android app, would that not mean chromecast in the dishanywhere app is possible and in our future?

Chromecast would be nice, but I'd rather have the ability to deauthorize devices. I received a new phone the other day, and sold my old one, sadly I had to wait till a device expired before I could add my new phone. At least make it an option to even just remove all devices to reset them on the website, OR give the CSR's the ability to deauthorize everyone.

Now after a factory reset on my new G3, I'm stuck having to wait days before something becomes deauthorized. :(

Isn't already having sling technology specific to dish already a step above all the competition? Or autohop? Or a 2tb hard drive? Or transfer feature? There are more. But when is enough enough?

In the Free Market model such as ours, it is never enough. All the best companies, Dish included, never cease to improve current products and innovate for the coming ones. There are a lot of companies who died because they were passed up because they adopted a culture of "enough is enough."

I have tried screen casting to the Chromecast from my Nexus 5. It works, but starts lagging then cuts out entirely after a few minutes. Connecting via HDMI to my Nexus 5 works very well though. I have used that to watch DVR recordings while on the road.

Reactions: TheKrell