Netflix App Who Would Like To See It To The Hopper

Less duplication as time goes by though, with the Netflix original series and taking the Disney/Marvel films from HBO/Showtime/Starz/Epix.

A YouTube app would make more sense and most of the content there wouldn't be duplicated like it would be on Netflix. In a way we kind of have Netflix already, it's the OnDemand menu.
Having used both, I can say that they are not really the same thing. The point of Netflix for me would be to get the stuff that I can't already get on Dish. OnDemand does not solve this problem for me.

It is a direct competitor to Dish's PPV and VOD. The same is true for Amazon Video, Hulu+, and any other streaming video app.
They don't even nest the PPV and VOD channels into master channels, the way they do with RSN's and Internationals, even though it would do more to clean up the guide than those do, because they feel it would lower VOD/PPV revenue.
They are very sensitive to that revenue.

I can't see why they are offering 6 months for free of Netflix if they are in NO WAY interested in it and it detracts from their PPV and On Demand revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
just recently what i heard about netflix is being offered on dish network,

Well being honest I would have never thought there was a chance of there being a Netflix app on a DISH receiver. I may have posted that somewhere. I may be about as wrong on that as one can be, with DISH having a 6 month free offer to subscribe to Netflix.

However, as I did post before, I like the idea (with no evidence it is even a thought by DISH) that DISH could be interested in buying them, along maybe with Roku. Match that with a possible wireless service and you have the makings of a powerful satellite company that can compete with At&t Direct.

Which brings us to my theory of DISH absorbing them.... :oldsmile2
I hope not.
See the graphic in post #17 there is also a thread about it.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-netflix-tie-up.337323/

This would tend to shoot holes in the "Dish would never touch Netflix because of competition" argument.
Like many of the posters in that thread, I do not see this offer on Dish.com. I visited as a non-subscriber, as well.

But, if they no longer see Netflix as a competitior, then I see no reason for them not to add a Netflix app.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/new...-free-of-netflix-to-new-customers-1201190288/.

The pact isn’t as deep as Netflix would like — Dish is not offering Netflix video directly through its set-tops. Netflix has deals with several cable operators, including Suddenlink Communications and three other smaller U.S. MSOs, that are offering the SVOD service through TiVo DVRs.

But clearly, Netflix’s deals with Dish and cable operators show that a growing number of pay-TV providers see partnering with the Internet subscription-video leader as an attractive promotional tool to attract and retain subscribers.

I hope not.

Like many of the posters in that thread, I do not see this offer on Dish.com. I visited as a non-subscriber, as well.

But, if they no longer see Netflix as a competitior, then I see no reason for them not to add a Netflix app.
I had to go to the Dish site in a browser I never used to log in to Dish to see the Netflix promotion (simply logging out won't do it as a cookie seems to be set) and even then the front page offers rotate.

I have yet to see it except on their offers details page, but as posted by some it certainly does show up sometimes.

Don't really care either way. I have a method to watch Netflix on every TV I have already. I don't want it to be added if it is going to make the Dish receiver slower or unstable that's for sure.

I had to go to the Dish site in a browser I never used to log in to Dish to see the Netflix promotion (simply logging out won't do it as a cookie seems to be set) and even then the front page offers rotate.
Yeap, same here - I normally use Chrome, so when I went there, I couldn't get the offer to pop-up. I then tried Firefox, which I haven't used to visit Dish's website in a long time and the first visit there produced the Netflix offer.

I was able to search for 'netflix' and found the offers when I used Chrome, by the way.

Don't really care either way. I have a method to watch Netflix on every TV I have already. I don't want it to be added if it is going to make the Dish receiver slower or unstable that's for sure.
That's a very good point. I have tried Netflix on a number of devices. And, without exception, they are all pretty crappy compared to Roku and PC browser. Unless Dish can duplicate or enhance what is already available on Roku, without slowing down the overall performance of the Hopper, it's not worth even doing.

Actually, they need to work on the basic code to improve performance and clean up bugs, before adding any new features/apps. I think that's something everybody (except Dish, apparently) can agree on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)