Is this possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
ok I was wondering if you could take to 2 sat. an point then at say 61.5 and at 129 but instead of using a dpp44 switch just use the dpp twin. As long as you use a dp21 switch could that work? SEE PIC if you are confused (srry about small pic just zoom in). Now I know you can hook up 5 sat locations w/ a dp21 and a dpp44 this is where I got the Idea from.

Attachments

• dish pic 1.JPG
    dish pic 1.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 162
Going by your pic diagram I would say no because you have the 500 going into the out port on the switch, the 61.5 going to port 1 and the 129 going to port 2. To do what your wanting to do you would need 2 sw21 and a little luck but I dont think it would work even then.

hell I might just throw another dish up on top of my house and test it. I wouldnt be losing that much money if it doesnt work. Then if it does work then I just figured out a new way of doing installs.

Save your money for that tv you were wanting so bad in one of your other post's. Later when you have extra money then go for your test.

I would say no. I would think that the DPP input doesn't have switching capabilities to pick between the 61.5 or the 129 inputs on the DP21. It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone tried it.

$20 seems to be a lot to you shag, specialy since your 16 and have what at most times apears to be very limited funds. But as has been pointed out your idea wont work so your left with the current set up thats known to work and isnt cheap for you.

Simon is right, it will not work with the DP21 and the DPP Twin. This is from the
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BULLETIN

Subject: DISH Pro Plus Twin LNBF Installation Information & Special Considerations

"The DP Plus Twin may be connected to a DP Plus 44 switch, but not to DP21 switches or DP34 switches."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts