Is This Right?

LuIsMeL

Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hello! I have a few question to see if someone can help me with this. I recently bought a dish from Glorystar had already plan to do the instalation myself but as I read the manual I came across that it had to be ground it and been that I don't take chances I hired a so called professional installer for the $175.00. Now here is were the problem start not only did he only left me with one signal "amc ku" but the more I look the more im convince that he never grounded the dish. Also is it ok that the only signal he left me with the signal quality is only 46% and that's at 3ABN? On the other's is lower. I called him and let him know of the problem and also that he left his tools on my roof (go figure, hahaha) and he said he will come today or tomorrow let's see what happens. In the mean time can someone tell me is all this normal?

Is it normal? Um, NO

Depending on which receiver you purchased with the system, check the install manual. That tells what readings for signal that should be acceptable. 3ABN should be screaming on the meter and you should be getting both satellites.

I guess I would ask the guy has he ever done a KU band install? I'm going to assume no. Please tell me he had a meter with him.

I have the Glorystar Deluxe Dual Satellite System and the mercury II receiver and according to my install manual it should be 75% or better. About the meter I wouldn't know because I wasn't here. I had a brother wait for him in my house. But I would also like to know how can I know if he grounded the dish as I don't see nothing grounded and if this would put my house in danger. Im waithing for him to come tomorrow and fix this problem other wise I would have to contact Glorystar for they were the one's that set this installation for me. Thanks for your help Iceberg I see you are very helpful and about the link you gave me to tell you the truth I can't understand it as I am new with this. Thanks again.

Well finally problem resolve. I still can't get 3 channels a russian and a chinese which i can't understand so no problem there and the word network which i get on cable so im not missing much. Thanks again to iceberg which was very helpful. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)