Is this Scary or what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is

dfergie said:

Those who believe that only those who have done something wrong have something to be worried about have no knowledge of history.

Nixon had an enemies list, which were comprised of political opponents. Hoover had illegally taped Martin Luther King, John Kennedy, and others.

Even assuming the best intentions, mistakes do and WILL happen. That is why our founding father's had the wisdom to have three branches of government which provided a check and balance on each other.

If probable cause is ignored, then we have learned NOTHING from the past, and deserve the consequences of our actions

charper1 said:
nah not scary to the law abiding just the wrong doers or those about to be.
Right...and the government will always get a court order before tapping into your conversations.

"people willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Ben Franklin

"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me." - Pastor Martin Niemöller

What I find even more troubling his how quickly Yahoo and MSN rolled over for the government, handing over search engine results quickly without even batting an eyelash. At least Google is fighting turning over their records.

And it's not that they can that bothers me. Anyone who thinks their online activities can't be tracked is delusional. It's the principal that matters.

http://news.com.com/Some+companies+helped+the+NSA,+but+who/2100-1028_3-6035305.html

Code:
Who's helping the NSA?

CNET News.com asked telecommunications and Internet companies about cooperation with the Bush administration's domestic eavesdropping scheme. We asked them: "Have you turned over information or opened up your networks to the NSA without being compelled by law?"

Company Response 
Adelphia Communications Declined comment 
AOL Time Warner No [1] 
AT&T Declined comment 
BellSouth Communications No 
Cable & Wireless* No response 
Cablevision Systems No 
CenturyTel No 
Charter Communications No [1] 
Cingular Wireless No [2] 
Citizens Communications No response 
Cogent Communications* No [1] 
Comcast No 
Cox Communications No 
EarthLink No 
Global Crossing* Inconclusive 
Google Declined comment 
Level 3* No response 
Microsoft No [3] 
NTT Communications* Inconclusive [4] 
Qwest Communications No [2] 
SAVVIS Communications* No response 
Sprint Nextel No [2] 
T-Mobile USA No [2] 
United Online No response 
Verizon Communications Inconclusive [5] 
XO Communications* No [1] 
Yahoo Declined comment 
* = Not a company contacted by Rep. John Conyers.
[1] The answer did not explicitly address NSA but said that compliance happens only if required by law.
[2] Provided by a source with knowledge of what this company is telling Conyers. In the case of Sprint Nextel, the source was familiar with Nextel's operations.
[3] As part of an answer to a closely related question for a different survey.
[4] The response was "NTT Communications respects the privacy rights of our customers and complies fully with law enforcement requests as permitted and required by law."
[5] The response was "Verizon complies with applicable laws and does not comment on law enforcement or national security matters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts