Is Toshiba Back in the HD DVD Game??

From a business standpoint, does this make sense?? investing in something that is not HD??....Sounds like an expensive upconvert???

From a business standpoint, does this make sense?? investing in something that is not HD??....Sounds like an expensive upconvert???

Until Blu-Ray is cheaper, a little marketing for this will go a long way. There is a massive appeal to extending the life of your DVD collection instead of starting to re-buy it like Blu-Ray would like you to do.

I would like to see it side by side with a Toshiba HD-A2 and see how it would stack up with standard dvds. I would not think too much different.

I would like to see it side by side with a Toshiba HD-A2 and see how it would stack up with standard dvds. I would not think too much different.

Even if it isn't much different, you're probably not their target market for this. A well publicized 'brand name' DVD player that increases the quality of your normal DVDs at a price lower than all this fancy Blu-Ray stuff.... people could go for it.

Just add marketing.

What I want to see is good examples vs normal upconversion of their filtering technology (sharp, color, contrast), since that's the new thing they're bringing to the table here in addition to the upconversion.

This "enhancement" is just a way to prop up an aging format... Lets see you will be able to artificially sharpen the picture, turn the color up, etc. Essentially things most TVs can do without the player. Gee forget BD, instead get a DVD player with sharpness, color and contrast controls on it...

Uh, blu ray players already upconvert and people should just buy new movies and not rebuy their collection unless they are like $10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts