Is Vince Young Finished in Tennessee?

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
One of the big surprises yesterday was the meltdown of Vince Young. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. It's a shame though,because Vince Young & Chris Johnson were a very potent one-two punch in Tennessee. Unlike JeMarcus Russell,Vince Young is worth a second(or third) chance for another team. I would like to see him go to Miami. Let Tennessee put him on waivers & see what other teams really think about him. With his "mental/emotional" issues & his potentially season ending thumb injury to his throwing hand,Tennessee shouldn't expect a marquis player in return if they attempt to trade him,especially if he is suspended by the team for yesterday's outburst. Everybody feels he is finished in Tennessee,but he is too exciting an player to be finished in the NFL.

Yes. They have not been good when he is controlling the team.

What is interesting is Young is Bud Adams (Owner) guy but it is quite obvious not Jeff Fisher's guy. Bud has said they must figure out a way to get along. That makes this a difficult situation for the coach. and for the team.

What is interesting is Young is Bud Adams (Owner) guy but it is quite obvious not Jeff Fisher's guy. Bud has said they must figure out a way to get along. That makes this a difficult situation for the coach. and for the team.

Let Fisher go, he'll be out of work for about 10 minutes.

I agree. I can't imagine Fisher staying there under those circumstances.

Actually, I think Fisher will finish out the season and with Young on the injured list, he's done for the year, come next year if the owner still insists on keeping Young then Fisher will look to move on.
If Young is gone, Fish will stay.

JMO

Actually, I think Fisher will finish out the season and with Young on the injured list, he's done for the year, come next year if the owner still insists on keeping Young then Fisher will look to move on.
If Young is gone, Fish will stay.

JMO

This seems the likely scenario. Given there is a football season next year, of course.

I would agree with the above posts. Jeff Fisher's days may be coming to an end before Vince Young

Almost sounds like "deja vu all over again" with Vince Young & Jeff Fisher repeating the situation that happened in Atlanta between Michael Vick & Dan Reeves. There are some decent QBs coming out of college(including Boise State's QB),Tennessee should just trade Vince Young & keep Jeff Fisher. Cam Newton might be available(great,another potential "troubled" athlete) in the draft. I think Vince young would be perfect in the dolphins' offence making every play a potential "wildcat" play.

Almost sounds like "deja vu all over again" with Vince Young & Jeff Fisher repeating the situation that happened in Atlanta between Michael Vick & Dan Reeves. There are some decent QBs coming out of college(including Boise State's QB),Tennessee should just trade Vince Young & keep Jeff Fisher. Cam Newton might be available(great,another potential "troubled" athlete) in the draft. I think Vince young would be perfect in the dolphins' offence making every play a potential "wildcat" play.

And after pinning ALL their hope on Henne(which IMHO, never got a real shot because the coaching staff has no balls to open up the offense)...you maybe right with Vince Young coming to Miami. Jeff Fischer has done more for the organization than Vince has....let's hope they show Fischer more loyalty than the high priced diva.

It will be interesting to see which way this ends up going ... Young is the Owners personal pick, both being from Houston and all .... this COULD get ugly.

As for Kellen Moore, I think he will be a very good QB in the Pro's and would be a good choice for Tennessee if they decided to go that route and had what it takes to get a pick that high.

Kinda funny how Vince saved fishers job twice!!;) Fisher is not as innocent as everyone thinks. I guess it's much easier to blame VY!:eek:

Look, I do not believe too much in that chemistry crap because when your winning...none of that is brought up. But when you don't, all the "blemishes and warts" start showing up everywhere. Personally, the LAST person you need stinking up the NFL lockerroom IS the QB. A RB, WR or a defensive player....you can just subtitute those guys...but a QB IS the on-field leader....the on field coach. Personally, he has turned into a diva. BUT since the owner is dishing out the $$$$ I do not see Fisher being there much longer.

Look, I do not believe too much in that chemistry crap because when your winning...none of that is brought up. But when you don't, all the "blemishes and warts" start showing up everywhere. Personally, the LAST person you need stinking up the NFL lockerroom IS the QB. A RB, WR or a defensive player....you can just subtitute those guys...but a QB IS the on-field leader....the on field coach. Personally, he has turned into a diva. BUT since the owner is dishing out the $$$$ I do not see Fisher being there much longer.
A diva!?? LMAO!!! Okay well i disagree with you on this. I will say fisher is very lucky to have a job right now. Should VY have acted like he did no. Just because you are getting treated like crap is no reason to react badly to it!

A diva!?? LMAO!!! Okay well i disagree with you on this. I will say fisher is very lucky to have a job right now. Should VY have acted like he did no. Just because you are getting treated like crap is no reason to react badly to it!

How is he getting treated like crap? He has had carte blanche on the team from day once because the owner LOVES him. You cannot let the most important position player on the team set a bad example. ESPECIALLY when they are losing...because that seems like the the only time the ugliness comes out.

And if he was not in the wrong...he would have never texted an apology to his coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5847001

How is he getting treated like crap? He has had carte blanche on the team from day once because the owner LOVES him. You cannot let the most important position player on the team set a bad example. ESPECIALLY when they are losing...because that seems like the the only time the ugliness comes out.

And if he was not in the wrong...he would have never texted an apology to his coach.

Vince Young texts apology to Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher - ESPN
Young ended the text by asking Fisher to have more faith and confidence in him moving forward, and said that they each wanted the same thing -- to win a Super Bowl.

Well lets just say VY and the team want to run different play. Anyway that is fine some people don't like certain QB's fine but you guy's do not know the full story. Also you better hope he stay's in Tennesse because another team tried to draft him when he came out of college and that team still wants him!! I'll leave it up to you to figure that out!;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts