is your HSP going to hourly pay??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
and another thing the bad customer service is not all a tech issue, its a directv csr issue as well sure there are some flakey techs out there but but most of it has to do with what directv says we will do for free like wall fish's, slave lines installing units in multiple dwellings like garage house and guest houses all off of the same install work order,among other truthless things they tell customers to make a sale. And this I know from experiance!!!

phatnuts said:
and another thing the bad customer service is not all a tech issue, its a directv csr issue as well sure there are some flakey techs out there but but most of it has to do with what directv says we will do for free like wall fish's, slave lines installing units in multiple dwellings like garage house and guest houses all off of the same install work order,among other truthless things they tell customers to make a sale. And this I know from experiance!!!

We have a big problem in our area because D* partnered with Bellsouth. Bellsouth is selling D* as part of their bundled service, but their sales people are telling the customer all sorts of things that aren't true. I had a work order the last week of April from a Voom subscriber who was told by a Bellsouth sales rep that his workorder was for four FREE D* HD receivers. I had to spend an hour and a half calming the guy down he was so pi$$ed, and then the job wound up getting cancelled. Poor communication between the CSR's, Bellsouth reps & the customers sometimes make the job difficult and create a bunch wasted trips for the field techs.

uboatcmdr said:
We have a big problem in our area because D* partnered with Bellsouth. Bellsouth is selling D* as part of their bundled service, but their sales people are telling the customer all sorts of things that aren't true. I had a work order the last week of April from a Voom subscriber who was told by a Bellsouth sales rep that his workorder was for four FREE D* HD receivers. I had to spend an hour and a half calming the guy down he was so pi$$ed, and then the job wound up getting cancelled. Poor communication between the CSR's, Bellsouth reps & the customers sometimes make the job difficult and create a bunch wasted trips for the field techs.

Ouch. That sucks that D* put that on the work order.

Allow me to present the other side. I can't count how many times I've gotten calls from irate customers who said that their installer left without making sure everything works. I get at least 7 calls a day like that. I do realize that in the grand scheme of things, that's probably about 1% of installs for that day. BS happens on both sides. I've also gotten calls from people who say that instead of a multiswitch being installed, a splitter was installed. (and we all know what THAT means). In terms of the cost of HD receivers, usually any discount is given as a credit after the install so it's usually a couple of weeks before said credit appears on their bill.

Beavis said:
Ouch. That sucks that D* put that on the work order.

D* didn't put four FREE HD receivers on the workorder. The Bellsouth rep told the customer that they would be HD receivers, in reality the workorder was for four standard units. That is why the customer was so upset.

Yeah wheen I see a b south work order I kinda giggle to myself but Beavis is right its not all b south csr's But its alot more than Im used to.I got some good stories for ya but I'll hafta wait till I got more time to tell em.

Same thing happend here with Qwest. Qwest told a customer he would get his HD for free. He was irate when we told him that wasn't true and he cancelled. So not only did we lose money the CSR for Qwest made money.

How did the CSR for QWest make money. I'm guessing if the CSR keeps writing bad sales he's out of a job. But then again, with Qwest they contract out thier sales and they have thier numbers that they require their sales people to meet each week.... So as you may imagine, they will tell a customer just about anything to get them to sign up. The best one I heard is when I went to install a Qwest sale and the customer, said... a dish??? I did'nt order a dish.... they told me this was cable.

wobbie said:
How did the CSR for QWest make money. I'm guessing if the CSR keeps writing bad sales he's out of a job. But then again, with Qwest they contract out thier sales and they have thier numbers that they require their sales people to meet each week.... So as you may imagine, they will tell a customer just about anything to get them to sign up. The best one I heard is when I went to install a Qwest sale and the customer, said... a dish??? I did'nt order a dish.... they told me this was cable.

I've had some customers who got their D* through Bellsouth think that the signal is supposed to be coming in through the phonelines.

uboatcmdr said:
I've had some customers who got their D* through Bellsouth think that the signal is supposed to be coming in through the phonelines.
Happened to me today. The customers were both teachers, so they shouldn't be dumb. Must be something they were told...
When he found out I was putting in a dish, he made me find a LOS behind a fence.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)