Isaac Asimov's Foundation (Apple TV+)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I trust you know that Asimov fused the two series... Daneel Olivaw lived for how long? Gotta watch out for robots that can read minds!
3 to be exact, but yeah, foundation was pretty much a continuation of empire, with irobot added for good measure.

Great reads, as you can follow the history and tenuous connections between many of the novels. It's a great shared universe.

Been a long time since I read them, tempted to get the audio versions of them now (if available) and redo them that way.

Reactions: TheKrell
Just started the first novel the other day. Don't know why I never read it years ago. If the TV series starts with the prequel novels I'm out of luck though. ;)

Just started the first novel the other day. Don't know why I never read it years ago. If the TV series starts with the prequel novels I'm out of luck though. ;)
With 80 1-hr episodes (they hope to have 8 seasons of 10 eps each), they could probably crank through a lot of the series. So I wouldn't be shocked if they started with Prelude.

With 80 1-hr episodes (they hope to have 8 seasons of 10 eps each), they could probably crank through a lot of the series. So I wouldn't be shocked if they started with Prelude.

I think you are correct. The trailers so far show the Seldon character prominently and he was, so far at least, I am 25% through, only minimally in the Foundation book. Short descriptions of the prequels say they are primarily about Seldon.

8 seasons is a marketing fantasy. Nice, but what are the odds?

Still, I’ll wait for release outside the current confines.

Still, I’ll wait for release outside the current confines
Not that everyone should subscribe to AppleTV+, but at $5/mo. it’s almost a gimme. You should have been given a free year when you got your last iPhone. Nowadays, I think it’s only three months.

Like any steaming service, there’s a lot of “not interested” along with the gems like “For All Mankind” and “Ted Lasso”. AppleTV+ is still relatively young, so the catalog isn’t as deep as others. Maybe with “Foundation” Apple will increase their uptake.

I enjoyed my free “year” (Apple extended it a few months past one year) and now we’re using the Family plan and bundling the TV service with the Music and News, plus extra iCloud storage. I did drop Netflix as I had pretty much watched their monthly price increase.

Home Before Dark is another good one we enjoy a lot. Season 2 finale tomorrow.

I think that I read the Foundation novels in reverse as a teenager, starting with Second Foundation. I didn't know that the others existed until I started to investigate books by Asimov in our local library. What a delight to find such intelligent science fiction.

Not that everyone should subscribe to AppleTV+, but at $5/mo. it’s almost a gimme. You should have been given a free year when you got your last iPhone. Nowadays, I think it’s only three months.

Like any steaming service, there’s a lot of “not interested” along with the gems like “For All Mankind” and “Ted Lasso”. AppleTV+ is still relatively young, so the catalog isn’t as deep as others. Maybe with “Foundation” Apple will increase their uptake.

I enjoyed my free “year” (Apple extended it a few months past one year) and now we’re using the Family plan and bundling the TV service with the Music and News, plus extra iCloud storage. I did drop Netflix as I had pretty much watched their monthly price increase.
For $5, it definitely feels like a "gimme." I started with 4 free months in February, but just kept going, and I'm still only scratching the surface of my list. Everything I've seen has been high quality, even if it wasn't my kind of show.

I really enjoyed The Morning Show, For All Mankind, Mythic Quest, Ted Lasso, 1971, and Truth Be Told. Schmigadoon! deserves a call out on its own. Physical and Mosquito Coast were meh, but watchable. Dickinson was the only show I started and stopped, mostly because historic anachronisms annoy me. I still haven't seen See, Home Before Dark, Servant, and Defending Jacob.

Reactions: Foxbat
For $5, it definitely feels like a "gimme." I started with 4 free months in February, but just kept going, and I'm still only scratching the surface of my list. Everything I've seen has been high quality, even if it wasn't my kind of show.

I really enjoyed The Morning Show, For All Mankind, Mythic Quest, Ted Lasso, 1971, and Truth Be Told. Schmigadoon! deserves a call out on its own. Physical and Mosquito Coast were meh, but watchable. Dickinson was the only show I started and stopped, mostly because historic anachronisms annoy me. I still haven't seen See, Home Before Dark, Servant, and Defending Jacob.
Home Before Dark and Servant are both great shows.

Reactions: Zookster
Another AppleTV+ show that Mrs. Foxbat and I really enjoyed was “Central Park”. The voice talent includes two of the cast of “Hamilton”, Leslie Odom, Jr. and Daveed Diggs, as well as Kathryn Hahn, Tituss Burgess, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, and Josh Gad as the narrator. We enjoyed the second season more than the first, which usually doesn’t happen.

A little over three weeks to wait…

Reactions: Zookster