Isaac Asimov's Foundation (Apple TV+)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So I read the original book and the first prequel as sort of a setup for the series. I'm now 4 episodes in. Names of some of the people and places are familiar but nothing I'm watching is in either of the books I've read.

For instance the slow trip to Terminus. Is that covered somewhere in the novels?

I'm enjoying it anyway.

It's ironic that I really like this series. I had to read the Trilogy in High School for my Science Fiction Lit class and hated it. Too bad before I stated that, I wish I had known that it was the teachers favorite. Needless to say I had to go to Summer School that year.

OK, inquiring minds want to know. Why did you hate it?

I had issues with continuity. As I am seeing a bit of the same in parts of the series. Assumptions are taken that you "know already". Or, like me, am a SciFi freak, you learn to play along and really pay attention. So this fare is not a "sit back and enjoy the pretty pictures". I have also read a couple reviews that there are things in the series that were not in the book. Like, "the slow transit to Terminus", et al. I could not visualize and retain what was written.

That "F" nearly cost me graduation. But they wanted me gone. After all, this was my second go around so I could get my diploma and not a GED. I hit High School early and sailed through everything I could my first 2 semesters. And back then they didn't operate as they do today where you can continue on to college courses regardless of age. It was my AP Chem/Genetics teacher that talked me into dropping out and going on tour since I had the opportunity. When I got back to finish, this class I was using to use up time just to graduate. But did get paid $17/h to manage the on campus theater and had a parking space in the teachers parking.

Last edited:
Finished season 1 last night. I did enjoy it but I can understand fans of the books being a bit disappointed. I have no emotional attachment to the books so as long as the TV story is entertaining it is fine with me.

Probably be a year before season 2 comes out. In an interview with the actress that plays Salvor she says they are already working on Season 2.

Overall I enjoyed the season. It got better as it went along as more things from the first few episodes that were left hanging got resolved. I don't mind puzzle boxes, but if they are going to confuse and frustrate viewers for several episodes, I would prefer a better payoff. That's really my only complaint. Everything else about the production and story make this worth watching.

Though I haven't read the Foundation books, I do read a lot of sci-fi/fantasy, and often make a point of reading the book before the new series/movie comes out. The thing I've learned in the past few years is if you are going to read then watch, you need to let go of preconceived ideas that the TV show/movie will perfectly visualize the book as you had imagined it, while keeping all characters and plot points the same. It's best to watch and enjoy on the show or movie's own merits. My $0.02.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts