Isn't this strange?

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Here I am watching MSNBC around 5:16 pm, and the picture freezes, no pixelation. The weather is fine, sunny , no rain or snow. So, I turn Joey off, wait 10 seconds, turn it on. The problem still exists. The entire screen is black, no sound. I change channels, including my local OTA's. The channels change. But, there is no picture or sound. The top section on tv shows the detailed information. I go to DVR on Hopper.(Still with tv connected to Joey). DVR works fine. I unplug the Hopper, plug it back and wait. Joey tries to find Hopper. (TV screen shows 'looking for Hopper'.)

Couple minutes later, everything is back to normal.

Have any one of you had to deal with this at the same time? Another words, a glitch somewhere? Hello Colorado?
Did my Hopper decide to act and reboot was necessary?

This never happened to me before!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Here I am watching MSNBC around 5:16 pm, and the picture freezes, no pixelation. The weather is fine, sunny , no rain or snow. So, I turn Joey off, wait 10 seconds, turn it on. The problem still exists. The entire screen is black, no sound. I change channels, including my local OTA's. The channels change. But, there is no picture or sound. The top section on tv shows the detailed information. I go to DVR on Hopper.(Still with tv connected to Joey). DVR works fine. I unplug the Hopper, plug it back and wait. Joey tries to find Hopper. (TV screen shows 'looking for Hopper'.)

Couple minutes later, everything is back to normal.

Have any one of you had to deal with this at the same time? Another words, a glitch somewhere? Hello Colorado?
Did my Hopper decide to act and reboot was necessary?

This never happened to me before!
You said you turned the Joey off, waited 10 seconds, then turned it on. Did you unplug the Joey at all? I know the Hopper reboot seemed to fix it but how about a Joey reboot…

Reactions: harshness
Sorry Bob. Yes, I unplugged Joey from wall outlet and plugged it back. Very rarely did I have to unplug the Hopper, too in the past. Rebooting Joey usually worked.
The strange thing was recordings were fine. Joey had no trouble playing them. That's way I assumed the problem was somewhere else.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was watching my local NBC news on my Hopper3 tonight and I lost video and sound in the middle of the newscast for about 15 seconds. This happened 3 times and twice with pixelization. The weather is good so the problem was with the satellite broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem with a wired Joey/ It does the same thing you describe but it can be any channel not one in particuler. A Dish tech came out changed the coax connecter and said that should fix it. It still does it three or four times a week, but when you call Dish they won't listen when you try to explain. I have also unplugged for about a minute and plugged it back in, doesn't matter. I just go to the menu and reset the Joey.

Have any one of you had to deal with this at the same time?
I don't know about "at the same time", but very infrequently (once/month?) I see no video on my wired Joey on any channel, and have to reboot the Hopper to clear it. I don't physically unplug it; I just use the Joey option.
I know the Hopper reboot seemed to fix it but how about a Joey reboot…
I've tried that as well but to no avail.
The strange thing was recordings were fine.
I'll have to try that the next time this happens to me.

Thanks for the responses. I am curious if the problem was caused by my own Hopper 3. It was new when installer came to my house few years ago. Hopefully, it does not have permanent damage.
Apparently, most replacements are refurbished now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)