Isps Quote A Low Price But Tack On A Bunch Of Fees

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Essentially internet prices are going the way of land line pricing... All sorts of fees the are added to the bill that are not shown on the low price quoted:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...Advertised-Prices-Regulators-Dont-Care-129158

"Carr had been getting her phone and Internet service from AT&T and her TV from DirecTV. She saw an ad for AT&T's broadband U-verse service that bundled everything together for a lower total price, so she gave the company a call. "They told me it would be $172 a month for phone, Internet and TV," Carr said. "I asked them three times to confirm that price, and three times they said it would be $172 a month."Yet, when the woman received her first bill, it showed $190 in monthly recurring charges, plus another $16.33 in "one-time charges/credits." Oh, and let’s tack on standard taxes/fees which raise the price even higher to at least $215 (just my guess, btw). When the LA Times writer decided to help,

The FCC really needs to force bottom line pricing on phone and internet service. The providers need to quote what your average monthly bill will be.

When I helped run a wireless internet service provider it was the simplest bill you would ever see. No taxes, just the monthly fee and that's it. The only time it was more complicated was if someone was late or got behind on their bill or had a connection fee or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)