Issie Gutierrez representin' on the Sports Reporters..

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I know it may not mean much to those here, but personal friend, beat writer for the Miami Heat and all around cool guy....is on ESPN's "Sports Reporters"....

I know it may not mean much to those here, but personal friend, beat writer for the Miami Heat and all around cool guy....is on ESPN's "Sports Reporters"....

I saw that, but was really hoping that Mitch Albom would be on, so they would talk some about Verlander.

Can't wait till basketball is OVER ...

Jimbo said:
I saw that, but was really hoping that Mitch Albom would be on, so they would talk some about Verlander.

Can't wait till basketball is OVER ...

I like Mitch....alot. Probably my fave on the Sports Reporters. I use to watch it every Sunday...but do the political shows on the Sundays I don't play.

I like Mitch....alot. Probably my fave on the Sports Reporters. I use to watch it every Sunday...but do the political shows on the Sundays I don't play.

Yes, I've followed Mitch's career for a long time now, I don't get a chance to read all his stuff anymore, but like to see him on there, unfortunately he's not there as often as the rest.

Jimbo said:
Yes, I've followed Mitch's career for a long time now, I don't get a chance to read all his stuff anymore, but like to see him on there, unfortunately he's not there as often as the rest.

And usually that has the most common sense does not knee jerk as much like that clown Lupica.

Boston has the biggest A-hole writers that have a "national" presence. Ryan, Shaunashey, Massarotti, Gasper and the biggest tool of them all Howard Bryant. The only ones who are worth anything are Michael Holley and Jackie MacMullen.

BTW, Gutierrez is a UF Alum.

Hart5150 said:
Boston has the biggest A-hole writers that have a "national" presence. Ryan, Shaunashey, Massarotti, Gasper and the biggest tool of them all Howard Bryant. The only ones who are worth anything are Michael Holley and Jackie MacMullen.

BTW, Gutierrez is a UF Alum.

Yes, I know. Like I said earlier, he is personal friend....but nobody is perfect.... ;-)

I like Bob Ryan...he tells it like it is, EVEN IF IT IS AGAINST the local,teams. Those are the best writers, the kind that is not a homer and can stand up to the local teams when when something is wrong or something stinks.

I do not know why fans of local teams ONLY want hear the nice things..sugarcoated.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the Sports Reporters show. A bunch of guys who for the most part have never played anything, sitting around acting like they are the be-all and end-all of sports knowledge in this country. Each guy trying to out-'wise guy' comment the next. Lupica is a clown, Ryan isn't much better, and the rest are nameless to me.

You can probably find discussion in your office lunch rooms that is just as astute, but a lot less pompous.

Sandra

I use to watch it to see what stupidity Lupica would pull out his ass. He never let me down.

He has plenty of company, Lupica and all of his self-important friends who love to hear the sound of their own voice. The only people who hang on their every word is each other.

Sandra

Most of these folks seem to forget that there's a reason they were hired as print journalists in the first place. Their writing styles don't always translate well to good TV, but once they get a little face time, then their hats won't fit no more....

I like Bob Ryan...he tells it like it is, EVEN IF IT IS AGAINST the local,teams. Those are the best writers, the kind that is not a homer and can stand up to the local teams when when something is wrong or something stinks.

I do not know why fans of local teams ONLY want hear the nice things..sugarcoated.

That is not what I was saying, but thanks for playing along.

You can be 100% correct in an article or appearance on TV, and still be a sanctimonious douche.

Look in your town, Dan Lebatard could be 1000% correct but his smugness takes away from what he is saying/writing. It is hard to focus on someones opinion when they act like they are so much smarter than everyone else, and you're not.

There are many excellent reporters in Boston/New England, they just don't have their faces on ESPN all the time.

You can be 100% correct in an article or appearance on TV, and still be a sanctimonious douche.

Look in your town, Dan Lebatard could be 1000% correct but his smugness takes away from what he is saying/writing. It is hard to focus on someones opinion when they act like they are so much smarter than everyone else, and you're not.

There are many excellent reporters in Boston/New England, they just don't have their faces on ESPN all the time.

Yeah, that's like Mike Francessa in New York. You almost HAVE to listen to him, because you do get a lot of insight about the NFL and MLB that you just don't get anywhere. But the guy is just such an arrogant blowhard, dismissing anyone who dares to disagree him as an idiot not worthy of Francessa's time, that you really wind up hating him. AND he's a St John's guy!

Howard Eskin in Philly does a much better job of telling callers he thinks they're an idiot, but not making them feel like an idiot!

Sandra

I don't consider Lebatard pompous because no one in Miami, that IS from Miami, is harder on Miami teams than all media folks.

When I think of Miami sports reporters, the name that I usually thought of is LeBatard.

Never heard of this guy until recently. Maybe I should check out his work.

SandraC said:
I'm not a big fan of the Sports Reporters show. A bunch of guys who for the most part have never played anything, sitting around acting like they are the be-all and end-all of sports knowledge in this country. Each guy trying to out-'wise guy' comment the next. Lupica is a clown, Ryan isn't much better, and the rest are nameless to me.

You can probably find discussion in your office lunch rooms that is just as astute, but a lot less pompous.

Sandra

Sounds like some people here. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SatelliteGuys

I've watched the Sports Reporters for years.

IG is pretty good. Most level-headed on that show.

Lupica jumped the shark about 10 years ago, but he's funny in the parting shots, on occasion.

Don't get the hate for Bob Ryan - I think he's hilarious.

Worst on that show is Bill Rhoden, though. Often comes off uninformed.

Will have to check out the new person I usually don't watch the sports reporters, sometimes I think it should be called the "we know more the you elitist show" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts