Issue"s with vip 222 .

mmyoun03

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
mt.vernon il
New dish customer. I have hd 222 recv. and when switching from hd to standered . I have to press the format to stretch on all standered channnels . I did"nt have too the first 2 weeks, now I do. Is this common? Have tech coming out today -- 12-5.

All SD channels will not be full wide-screen and requires stretching and/or zooming with the format button. The format will hold until the button is pushed again, that's what probably happened in those two weeks. At some point you realized that the formatting was affecting your HD channels, and put the format back to normal, thus requiring re-formatting when going back to an SD channel. Try to call off the tech. There is nothing wrong with your receiver.

I believe our receivers store the format button setting separately for SD and HD channels.

I believe our receivers store the format button setting separately for SD and HD channels.

That is correct. The proper way to set your system up is to always keep the TV at Normal, go to an HD channel and set the format to normal, and then go to an SD channel and set the format to whatever fits your fancy, normal/stretch/partial zoom/zoom. I personally can't stand the stretch modes on SD channels so I have it set to normal as well, but then again, I don't watch SD channels, ever.....

I personally can't stand the stretch modes on SD channels so I have it set to normal as well...
I'm with you on that one! The only time I use zoom mode is for PBS-Kids, which (1) isn't on satellite at all and (2) often has picture-framed widescreen shows which look (how shall I say this?) not horrible when zoomed to fill the screen. PBS-Kids on OTA subchannels start out 702x480 before zooming. Why any broadcast DTV station is still mangling their signal like this, I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)