issue when tailgating

mlminbtr

Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
United States
I have a question about the "Check Switch" option...I'm in Baton Rouge, LA (zip 70802) and I take a dish 1000 and my HD receive from my office to Tailgating on football Saturdays. My usual routine is to set up the dish (level it and point in at the correct azimuth), hook-up the cable to the receiver and then to the TV and then run a check switch. This has usually worked except last week when I could not get a positive check on satellite 129. For the check switch routine does it matter if you are actually pointed at the satellite to get an "ok" or is this a symptom of something else like maybe a bad LND or not a clear site to that particular satellite.

Thanks a bunch.

I have a question about the "Check Switch" option...I'm in Baton Rouge, LA (zip 70802) and I take a dish 1000 and my HD receive from my office to Tailgating on football Saturdays. My usual routine is to set up the dish (level it and point in at the correct azimuth), hook-up the cable to the receiver and then to the TV and then run a check switch. This has usually worked except last week when I could not get a positive check on satellite 129. For the check switch routine does it matter if you are actually pointed at the satellite to get an "ok" or is this a symptom of something else like maybe a bad LND or not a clear site to that particular satellite. Thanks a bunch.
Hi, the best I can remember is if the dish is hooked up but not on the satellites you will get a connected and the current Dish/LNB should be displayed when you run the check switch. It should only show the OK when all the satellites are fully locked. I think I remember seeing something like 2 out of 3 - 2 satellites ok but the 3rd connected but no signal. To answer your question above did you fully peak on 119? If you did and the skew is set correct then it's likely there was a LOS issue. Hope this helps, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts